Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Another Evo SAVED

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2009, 06:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice car! I love the white Evo's, I actually picked up a white RS today from IAAI. Copart does have a bad reputation but they are not all bad cars.

Anyways good luck and keep us posted...
Old Dec 29, 2009, 07:47 PM

Car us being picked up tomorrow from Atlanta and will be here New Years Eve, I'll then make a list of what IC piping and little things I need. So Check out the threads and let me know if anyone can Help. Right now I know I'll Need a REAR BUMPER, anyone anyone??????/
Old Dec 30, 2009, 01:17 AM
Evolved Member

good luck with it! doesnt look like much damage! ;P
Old Dec 30, 2009, 04:09 AM

looking at the pictures that car will be running in no time. good luck and take pics step by step so we can see the progress.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 04:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by streetracerkam
lol you realize thats a dealer car and 99% of those are pulled frames and done up to look good on copart? Never buy a car you plan on keeping on copart.

That's were people sell them, to make profit, after making them look less of a hit.
I buy IAAI, straight from insurance companies.
I hope you know people also sell their salvage cars on iaai also. Its just copart is more world wide so more international buyers but IAAI isnt only insurance companies if it dosent have a repair cost it most likely is someones car
Old Dec 30, 2009, 05:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I wish I lived closer to San Diego. I just took a glance at that site for the hell of it and found an 06 MR with only 21k on it and missing radio, glovebox, center console gauges, and the ashtray and clean as hell otherwise and they only want 6k for it.....
Old Dec 30, 2009, 05:53 AM
Evolved Member

plane tickets arent too expensive... haha
Old Dec 30, 2009, 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Let the spending begin
Old Dec 30, 2009, 12:09 PM
Evolving Member

good to see another evo saved! i recently got mine for 9.1, said the motor would studder once boost hit, troubleshot it, replaced the maf for 150 bucks and runs great now! keep us posted on how it goes!
Old Dec 30, 2009, 04:47 PM

So many miles

Well the Evo arrived today and OMG, The shocked look on my face is imprinted for sometime to come. Hooked up the jumper box everything fires up, look down at the odometer and to my amaze my car reads 117,263 MILES!!!!!!!!!!! I really never thought the car would have that many miles on it, so far from what I've learned two owners first owner was in Florida for 10 months, 2nd owner lived in Atlanta area and drove the living **** outta the car. Everything seems tight and clean but damn the miles just killed me.........
Old Dec 30, 2009, 05:59 PM

ya thats a lot of miles ;(
Old Dec 30, 2009, 09:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by polak1035
I hope you know people also sell their salvage cars on iaai also. Its just copart is more world wide so more international buyers but IAAI isnt only insurance companies if it dosent have a repair cost it most likely is someones car
Yeah, but there isn't alot, and when there is, check the first 3 stock numbers and the repair cost, thats how you know its a dealers car. If it is, then dont buy it. 99% chance its been pulled and made to look better.

and Sorry to hear about your surprise. Did you not read the mileage at the auction? Oh and was there a key? If not then that's probably why They kept it so you wouldnt see the mileage, and the motor might be on its retirement already.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by streetracerkam
Yeah, but there isn't alot, and when there is, check the first 3 stock numbers and the repair cost, thats how you know its a dealers car. If it is, then dont buy it. 99% chance its been pulled and made to look better.

and Sorry to hear about your surprise. Did you not read the mileage at the auction? Oh and was there a key? If not then that's probably why They kept it so you wouldnt see the mileage, and the motor might be on its retirement already.
Battery was out of it, and yes the key was there, Spoke with the last owner. Car was cared for very well and last four years were all hwy miles...... Even with such High miles I lucked out, and yes it was sold to me through insurance...........
Old Dec 30, 2009, 10:07 PM
Evolving Member

Well then you got lucky.
If it was a dealer car I would run.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 12:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bobster22388
I wish I lived closer to San Diego. I just took a glance at that site for the hell of it and found an 06 MR with only 21k on it and missing radio, glovebox, center console gauges, and the ashtray and clean as hell otherwise and they only want 6k for it.....
I'm considering it....... 300-500 for plane tickets, 800$ for gas back and hotels... Worth it!

Quick Reply: Another Evo SAVED