Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Liquid Glass?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2009, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Liquid Glass?

Searched but could barely find any thing regarding this stuff:

http://www.amazon.com/Liquid-Glass-L...2299589&sr=1-1

Anyone know if this is that good?

So far my plan is to purchase 3M swirl mark remover, this liquid glass, and a wax like Meguiars.

Don't know if ICE Polish and wax is any good.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Never heard of it. I personally have had great luck with Meguiar's consumer line of products; they're easy to use and readily available locally. I have used that 3M Swirl Remover before and it is really good stuff too.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 03:05 PM

ICE? it's a great product and it will be the only thing i use starting in the spring
sorry but i dont know anything about the liquid glass
Old Dec 31, 2009, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
I too have never heard of it however judging by the reviews people seem to like it. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 04:21 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 05BlackBeast
Searched but could barely find any thing regarding this stuff:

http://www.amazon.com/Liquid-Glass-L...2299589&sr=1-1

Anyone know if this is that good?
Liquid Glass has been around for ages. I've never used it, but if you search Autopia.org you'll find plenty of info.

So far my plan is to purchase 3M swirl mark remover, this liquid glass, and a wax like Meguiars.
Stop by the detailing forum.

Don't know if ICE Polish and wax is any good.
You can do a lot better.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 08:46 PM

Liquid Glass provides great durability, dont get it on any plastic trim pieces, dont apply to thick, dosent provide that wet look shine like some carnubas but still a great product.
Old Jan 1, 2010, 05:23 PM

man that ICE is if'y at best. It applies... what seems to be a film over the car... streaks real easy. thats the best I can describe it. I think it sucks.
from my experience, if you want the best shine. buy a clay bar kit. I used Mothers but I'm sure Meguiar's, Turtle Wax or etc... would work just as well. after you clay bar then you wax the car. once your done your gonna need sun glasses when you look at your car...even at night!
Old Jan 2, 2010, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Liquid Glass is the best value for the $! A clay bar and Liquid Glass is all I have been using for years. Nothing else comes close in terms of what you get for your $.

Liquid Glass basically replaces the regular wax you may use. It goes on easier and comes off easier than wax as well (but not by much). The best part about liquid glass is that is protects the car for several months as opposed to regular wax that maybe lasts a week. With my car being garaged, I only need to waste my time waxing it twice a year and before with regular waxes, it was more like once a month.

Once you have liquid glass on the car and you wash it, the car shines again and the paint is smooth. It is quite amazing. It was like getting free wax job by just washing the car.

It works well protecting paint too. All the bugs, and bird & tree droppings just don't stick to the paint as much anymore. They come off much easier.

It is worth trying out. The only product that may be better than this is the Zymol stuff, that is about 60% more expensive.

One can lasts me about 8-10 coats of the car. Having 2 cars, this means that one can is good for about 2 years for me. Don't keep it in a cold garage though, it will break down. Make sure you store it in the house over the winter.
Old Jan 2, 2010, 09:36 AM
JEP
Evolving Member

Liquid glass is very good product its been around for ages! If your car is dark be prepared to work to get it even looking...
Old Jan 2, 2010, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I use the Mothers treatment. I have never heard of liquid glass, and the ICE stuff is not great at all. It does streak, and I can't really imagine it gives much of a good gloss coat on the car. Wash it, Mothers claybar, then Mothers California Gold Wax. Been working great for me.

Good luck
Old Jan 2, 2010, 10:56 PM

i've used liquid glass, mostly on sportbikes. It works very well and is durable.