Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

NOKYA hyper yellow H11-Good buy?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
did you not read anything written above? HID's dont belong in fog lights, and especially don't belong in halogen reflector housings
Old Feb 25, 2013, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
^Haha, you feel quite strongly about that, I guess too many riced out hondas have pissed you off in the past

Anyway, I just splurged on some PIAA H11 55w bulbs. I am anxious to see how they work. They cost about 3x the Nokyas however PIAA is known for making a great product so I am hoping that itll be worth it.

I will snap a comparison photo as I still have one Nokya bulb that works. This might not be the best comparison as the bulb is used so I would venture a guess that light output has diminished through the years.

Nonetheless, I will do what I can to see if the added cost of the PIAAs gives anything additional in return. Stay tuned
Old Feb 25, 2013, 08:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

only bulbs i use for fogs
Old Feb 25, 2013, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Philly
only bulbs i use for fogs
Nokya or PIAA? Can you please elaborate?
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Still have the PIAAs in mine for these past few years. Haven't burned them out yet.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GPTourer
Still have the PIAAs in mine for these past few years. Haven't burned them out yet.
^Glad to hear, I hope I made the right choice. What are you thoughts on them? Do you have anything to compare them to?
Old Feb 27, 2013, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

I don't really. I think I chose them over the Nokyas at the time because of their wattage. The PIAAs I felt were just right and the other choices too high. I also did not want to go through the trouble/expense of doing HIDs in my fogs. PIAA has always been one of those "good" brands so I didn't think twice.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for your input. I just checked the tracking status of my bulbs and they are marked as delivered so I will throw them in tonight.

As I mentioned I previously had the Nokya bulbs which were also 55w and really liked them. They also lasted me about 4 years which I think is pretty solid. I still have one that works so I will install one of the PIAAs and do a comparison. Its not a perfect comparison given that one bulb will be brand new and the other used for 4 years but it is what it is. I didnt notice a difference in light output over the years but it was probably so gradual that it would be impossible to tell. At least they are both 55w. I'll update this thread after with my results.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SilverShadow03
Received and installed today.

I think they look great....haven't driven around at night with them on yet or in the fog...

Pics:

As some others have said, these puppies get hot! After a few minutes on in the driveway to take some shots, the housing was hot to the touch...Hope these don't FRAK UP my housing ... I'll be keeping an eye on them just in case!
Originally Posted by SilverShadow03
Back from the dead......

I wanted to share my experience with these bulbs since I've installed them just over 1 year ago after coming across this thread...My pics are on post #93.

They are still working great! No damage to the headlight housing due to them running hotter then stockers. These work really good in the rain, fog and especially snow. I have not had anyone flash their high beams at me due to brightness in their eyes....

I picked them up for $18.99 shipped...if I recall...so far so good and still rocking.
Funny to see this thread keep coming back to life....

I'm almost at the 2 year mark with my Nokya's and they have performed great! They work far better than the stockers when driving in rain, snow or fog. They have yet to burn out on me, dull, or create fracture cracks on my headlight housing due to them running hotter than stock. Not one car has flashed their high beams at me when in use. I even mentioned all of this in the above post I made almost a year ago and my comments are still holding true for me.

I have run PIAAs in previous cars both fog and headlights and they were great but far more expensive.

I hope this helps others out there researching NON HID fog light options.

Go Yellow or go home. LOL joking... Seriously though I do like my Nokya's!
Old Feb 28, 2013, 06:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I believe I have a brand new pair of H11 yellow fogs at my house I would sell.

$18 SHIPPED
Old Feb 28, 2013, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the offer Jarrod however I already purchased a set of PIAA and put them in last night. I tried to snap some photos but it was raining outside so I didnt end up pulling the car out of the garage.

I installed a new PIAA in one side and left the Nokya in the other side to see if I could tell a difference and I honestly could not. I then put in the other PIAA but do not have any feedback yet because I have not tested them out at night or better yet in fog.

My first impression though is that the PIAA will perform the exact same as the Nokyas which isnt a bad thing, but given that, I would have been better off spending $20 instead of $60.

When I get a chance I will update this thread with my impressions and hopefully upload some photos for comparison to see the difference between the Nokyas and the PIAAs.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur
I believe I have a brand new pair of H11 yellow fogs at my house I would sell.

$18 SHIPPED

SOLD! Whats your paypal?
Old Feb 28, 2013, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

my PIAAs