Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

the love for the IX continues-keep your IX's

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2010, 01:27 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 1d10t
I can see it now, the year 2045 barrett-jackson auto auction. Civics, STIs and EVOs going for millions lol
<14k mile stock evo IX down to the manufacture stickers.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can see it now, the year 2045 barrett-jackson auto auction. Civics, STIs and EVOs going for millions lol
Depends on production #s. Despite being a production car, the EVOs are exactly mass produced. Not to mention they do have performance to go along with the low production. I would assume if you kept yours low mileage it might be worth something down the road.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old Jan 5, 2010, 02:05 PM
Evolving Member

Is it weird to say that My dream car was an Evo?. Not a ferrari or lambo. And whe I got My 9 my life was complete. Lol I'm scared to get into a relationship because I don't want to share the car with anyone else. Weird huh?.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 02:13 PM
Evolving Member

I absolutely love my 8.....but damn i need to get me a 9 as well in the near future...
Old Jan 5, 2010, 02:15 PM
BBS
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hmsevo9mr
Is it weird to say that My dream car was an Evo?. Not a ferrari or lambo. And whe I got My 9 my life was complete. Lol I'm scared to get into a relationship because I don't want to share the car with anyone else. Weird huh?.
yea, you need help
Old Jan 5, 2010, 02:15 PM
Evolving Member

hahaha.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 02:20 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
life was complete when I got my evo IX MR but then it happened. now I have the escalade hybrid but still dreams of the evo IX MR someday.....
Old Jan 5, 2010, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by xtnct
By your comment I take you have not driven both cars, especially close to their limits.

There is a night and day difference between the two cars, especially when exiting out of tight corners. The EVO 8 just spins the inside wheels, the 9 is able move the extra torque to the other wheels that have grip. The EVO 8 feels more like a FWD car, the 9 - not sure how to describe it, more like a RWD-FWD dynamic hybrid based on driving style and conditions. The MIVEC also helps in some of the low end torque which is still lacking in both cars. The center diff also locks up sooner than the evo 8 diff. The extra corner exit grip by these changes is amazing. No more wheel spin, the damn thing just takes off like a marble ball out of a sling shot, or if you have enough power to break the rear wheels loose, you can get a nice power slide going with the back end stepping out, and then the front catching up and pulling the car straight again if you have the guts to try and hold it. Just simply amazing. The fun & enjoyment factor has been doubled for me going from the 8 to a 9.

I am so glad I traded my 8 in for a 9. The differences does not seem that big on paper, but once you start using the tires, it is night and day.

If you are talking about the looks, then yeah, basically the same car.
This doesnt go for all 8s, the '05 8 has the ACD too... I have driven both hard (05 / 06), didnt notice a difference.

And check out the sig, I upconverted mine to a IX bwhahahahaha

Last edited by JJsEvo8; Jan 5, 2010 at 02:42 PM.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 03:39 PM

what about the 2005 evo 8 MR ? can it be as good as the 9 MR
Old Jan 5, 2010, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I am the same way. I have been modding my dsm now for about 6 years. I always wanted an evo. I got one in Jan. 09. I have since sold it. I am working on a great deal for a blue evo 9 as of right now though. The evo is my dream car. I dont care for Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini's etc. They are all overrated in my opinion. What a lambo is to most, is what my evo is to me!!
Old Jan 5, 2010, 03:50 PM
Evolving Member

im you pre-evo
Old Jan 5, 2010, 04:01 PM

keeping mines forever!!!!good thing i payed off all of it! dont have to worry anything but gas now
Old Jan 5, 2010, 04:16 PM

i would love to keep mine evos for life too, BUT with all the daily driving, i doubt she will last a life time.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 04:37 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by poormanevo
i would love to keep mine evos for life too, BUT with all the daily driving, i doubt she will last a life time.
You're probably right. The intent to keep a car involves a series of compromises: low (annual) miles, keeping the car out of the salt in the winter, no extreme modifications, an emphasis on durability and reliability, etc. Very few daily driven Evos are able to qualify, like the cars whose owners look for max power. This isn't to slam anyone who enjoys his Evo right now; it's just the reality of it.