Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Mitsu OEM Oil Filters

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2010, 04:59 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Kracka
Purolator Gold aka PureONE are better than WIX in my opinion

Comon kracka, your opinion , when the WIX can filter down to 10 microns. and right out of Purolator's website the pureone can only do 20 oh and pureone is still a paper filter when WIX is glass media,,,,, yeah i think most people will be smart enough to get the best bang for their buck.

its also amazing how i had to dig into purolator's website to find out that the fine print is what states their filtering capacity wich is only 20 microns, and then i go into WIX website and is splattered all over the place their filtering capacity
10-12

Just saying
Old Jan 14, 2010, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Just use OEM - 5 year oem filter user lol, and diaqeeen oil front/rear - 103k miles on trans/tc/rear diff.hmmm.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
The Evo filter is on the left. The filter on the right is for a Dodge Stealth. Since the Stealth filter is larger it has more filtering capacity, causes less pressure drop and, best of all, it is cheaper. With the larger filter my Evo will accept five quarts of oil. So, this makes adding oil easy and no dab of oil left over in the jug.

Last edited by barneyb; Jan 14, 2010 at 09:52 AM.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tweakdsm
Just use OEM - 5 year oem filter user lol, and diaqeeen oil front/rear - 103k miles on trans/tc/rear diff.hmmm.
Some people just don't get it
Old Jan 14, 2010, 01:04 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by barneyb
The Evo filter is on the left. The filter on the right is for a Dodge Stealth. Since the Stealth filter is larger it has more filtering capacity, causes less pressure drop and, best of all, it is cheaper. With the larger filter my Evo will accept five quarts of oil. So, this makes adding oil easy and no dab of oil left over in the jug.

evos have higher oil pressure, oil squirters, faster running engine ect... where iam taking this is make sure the bypass valve on that dodge filter is not opening prematurely and causing the filter to go into bypass mode at the end not filtering your oil during bypass.

ive been through this road with many customers that are using the new FP oil turbo feed line that comes from the block instead of the head..

just an check
Old Jan 18, 2010, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by apagan01
Comon kracka, your opinion , when the WIX can filter down to 10 microns. and right out of Purolator's website the pureone can only do 20 oh and pureone is still a paper filter when WIX is glass media,,,,, yeah i think most people will be smart enough to get the best bang for their buck.

its also amazing how i had to dig into purolator's website to find out that the fine print is what states their filtering capacity wich is only 20 microns, and then i go into WIX website and is splattered all over the place their filtering capacity
10-12

Just saying
What are these WIX filters that you speak of and where can I try one out? I am due for an oil change this weekend. Is there somewhere local that I can pick one up and try it? They did not have a store/ vendor locator on the website.
I live in Appleton, WI.

Thanks

Shane
Old Jan 18, 2010, 01:22 PM
lem

I've searched where to buy wix filters , I've found out that the the napa gold is reg. wix oil filter, made by wix(Dana). I'll be buying from now on the napa gold. I have a question though where did you see the 10-12 micron filtration on the wix? The specs on the filter says 21 micron on their website. Btw if you looked up wix and napa gold oil filters, it looks almost the same. It's ok though, I'll still switch to napa gold. Thx
Old Jan 18, 2010, 01:28 PM
Evolving Member

I used to source the OEM Mitsu filters through my work (automotive shop). Back in late 08/early 09 they stopped selling the Black OEM Mitsu filter and replaced their stock with AC Denso filters, exact same size and shape of the OEM.

I noticed the OEM filter has the Denso brand imprinted on it. Is anyone aware if these 2 filters are in fact the same minus the fancy Mitsubishi diamond stamp?
Old Jan 18, 2010, 02:18 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Spoolin69
What are these WIX filters that you speak of and where can I try one out? I am due for an oil change this weekend. Is there somewhere local that I can pick one up and try it? They did not have a store/ vendor locator on the website.
I live in Appleton, WI.

Thanks

Shane
They have them at NAPA, and many other autoparts stores, yellow page it !

WIX is been around for long long time
Old Jan 18, 2010, 02:20 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by lem
I've searched where to buy wix filters , I've found out that the the napa gold is reg. wix oil filter, made by wix(Dana). I'll be buying from now on the napa gold. I have a question though where did you see the 10-12 micron filtration on the wix? The specs on the filter says 21 micron on their website. Btw if you looked up wix and napa gold oil filters, it looks almost the same. It's ok though, I'll still switch to napa gold. Thx
Here it is;

Made with a full metal base plate for superior strength at the double seal & also feature a silicone anti-drainback valve. Glass-enhanced media in WIX oil filters offers greater efficiency, capturing more 10 to 12 micron sized particles than other cellulose/synthetic blend medias. Use PART NUMBER drop down to select filter.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 02:24 PM
Account Disabled

Here it is;

Made with a full metal base plate for superior strength at the double seal & also feature a silicone anti-drainback valve. Glass-enhanced media in WIX oil filters offers greater efficiency, capturing more 10 to 12 micron sized particles than other cellulose/synthetic blend medias. Use PART NUMBER drop down to select filter.
http://www.wixfilters.com/productinformation/index.html

Go to the link and you will see an oil filter broken up in its parts you can then click on the parts and it will tell you all about the filter they hide nothing, unlike other companies that dont want you to know anything about the filter why because they are prolly not up to par.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 02:25 PM
Account Disabled

Here it is;

http://www.wixfilters.com/productinformation/index.html

Go to the link and you will see an oil filter broken up in its parts you can then click on the parts and it will tell you all about the filter they hide nothing, unlike other companies that dont want you to know anything about the filter why because they are prolly not up to par.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 05:43 PM
lem

Thanks apagan01. At first i didnt know why you put that link coz i still couldn't find the 10-12 micron filtration statment, then i accidentally had the cursor on the picture of the broken up filter-it made a sound so i clicked it. found it lol. it never occured to me to click that picture, i understand now the specs of the filter. normal filtration flow 21 micron but as small as 10-12 could be filtered.
Wix part#57092
Napa Gold#7092
Old Jan 18, 2010, 05:58 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by lem
Thanks apagan01. At first i didnt know why you put that link coz i still couldn't find the 10-12 micron filtration statment, then i accidentally had the cursor on the picture of the broken up filter-it made a sound so i clicked it. found it lol. it never occured to me to click that picture, i understand now the specs of the filter. normal filtration flow 21 micron but as small as 10-12 could be filtered.
Wix part#57092
Napa Gold#7092
Good

not shabby for an under 5 dollar filter and i can still run it to 7500+ miles
Old Jan 18, 2010, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
FYI Carquest filters are rebranded WIX filters also...I still use OEM filters, and if I am out and in a pinch I will use Wix, or Hastings filters...

Quick Reply: Mitsu OEM Oil Filters