Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

01 Lancer Evolution 7

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2010, 12:24 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01 Lancer Evolution 7

want to know a couple of things about these. Does anyone here own one? How hard would it be able to convert to US reg's to get it street legal? I know it runs the same platform as the evo 8, but are parts interchangeable?

Last edited by kmc8302; Jan 8, 2010 at 12:29 PM.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 12:30 PM
Evolving Member

yes 99% of parts will fit
i have a jdm 7 most of the parts i get are from the USA
Old Jan 8, 2010, 12:44 PM
Account Disabled

im toying around with getting a 7 imported
Old Jan 8, 2010, 12:50 PM
Evolving Member

Why a 7? Im no Evolution expert so whats the difference with the older Evo's?
Old Jan 8, 2010, 12:53 PM

I think they want the Right hand Drive status
Old Jan 8, 2010, 12:56 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Importing a car is a major hassle and cost a lot of money. Why do you want a 7? The right hand drive thing?
Old Jan 8, 2010, 01:10 PM
Account Disabled

Im partial to the right hand drive, i like the front styling better than any other evo pre or post plus active center diff. Im not worried about the cost of importing and fees etc. Also i don't want to be like every other "emo punk scene kid" driving a evo 8 or 9 that they don't know how to drive it or what they are doing with it, wasting money on pointless no gain upgrades, and when their car doesn't beat an sti they b**** and complain. I guess im looking for that unique dark horse that doesn't come around often but when it does it throw down kind of like a mitsubishi pride if you so want to call it, something not generic.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
in most places i know here the right hand drive car is not street legal period. why not just convert your evo 8 to a evo 7 finding all the parts is hard enough and cost enough money once your done there you go evo 7 look
Old Jan 8, 2010, 05:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kmc8302
Im partial to the right hand drive, i like the front styling better than any other evo pre or post plus active center diff. Im not worried about the cost of importing and fees etc. Also i don't want to be like every other "emo punk scene kid" driving a evo 8 or 9 that they don't know how to drive it or what they are doing with it, wasting money on pointless no gain upgrades, and when their car doesn't beat an sti they b**** and complain. I guess im looking for that unique dark horse that doesn't come around often but when it does it throw down kind of like a mitsubishi pride if you so want to call it, something not generic.
your IX has the active center diff...... it just doesnt have sayc.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 05:40 PM
Account Disabled

^ I have an evo IX not VIII btw, and i know the IX have active center diff, i dont want to do any conversions. Idk why you guys are hating so much on the evo 7.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 05:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kmc8302
^ I have an evo IX not VIII btw, and i know the IX have active center diff, i dont want to do any conversions. Idk why you guys are hating so much on the evo 7.
its the same damn car its pointless to have a evo 7 and think your better then the evo 8 or 9 guys. LOL your not getting that much of a major improvement over us and some of us real evo owners do quality mods to our cars
Old Jan 8, 2010, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Its just a pointless idea. You seem to be under the impression that people will bow down and actually care when you bring an Evo VII around. There is nothing special about the VII; if you're going to go through the hassle of importing a car it might as well be something we can't get here such as the 6.5TME. I know the VII wasn't available in the US, but for all practical purposes its just an VIII with slightly different body panels. Not to mention, legally importing cars for street use has become nearly impossible for the average person so I doubt you'll even be able to do it. If anything the VII has been the "emo punk scene kid" ricers choice since they saw it in FnF2.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kracka
Its just a pointless idea. You seem to be under the impression that people will bow down and actually care when you bring an Evo VII around. There is nothing special about the VII; if you're going to go through the hassle of importing a car it might as well be something we can't get here such as the 6.5TME. I know the VII wasn't available in the US, but for all practical purposes its just an VIII with slightly different body panels. Not to mention, legally importing cars for street use has become nearly impossible for the average person so I doubt you'll even be able to do it. If anything the VII has been the "emo punk scene kid" ricers choice since they saw it in FnF2.
+1 hints the fact just buy the rear bumper hood front bumper spoiler taillights headlights and hood latch and call it a day Bam oh my god evo 7
Old Jan 8, 2010, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
importing won't be easy, I have been trying to get my hands on a evo 5 for almost 1 year now.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 08:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This question has been asked a few times, and each time the responses differs. People here and other places will tell you its not possible, or a heap of a hassel. Real importers answers will also differ. I have one (not a scam) saying its a 100% possible, street legal, registered, with title and vin numbers, for a price (which is not that bad). I have also been told by other importers the wait can be very long with lots of hassel.

I personally want a 7 above all, and would pay the going rate, and wait gladly for one. And for the people saying just get an 8 and make it look like a 7... If you do that, its NOT a 7... And no matter what you do to it, even with a RHD conversion, its still NOT a 7. For people who want the real deal, they will spend their dollars and get one. Regardless its still a hassel, as theres finding the car, having the car inspected, not seeing it in person, paying for it, having it shipped, waiting for it to get here,waiting for it to be titled, registered, inspected, plated, ect...

I'm going to talk more to a few importers, and get as much info as possible. But as I said, the answers all differ from person to person it seems.

Quick Reply: 01 Lancer Evolution 7