Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Who's got the Highest HP Daily Driver

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2010, 03:26 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Colt4g63
I run 38psi on a daily basis on E85 and boost has been higher and shifting at 9-9200RPM FAST shifts. I don't baby my car at all when its hammer time thats for sure and Corey can attest to that! I take it out every weekend and do street runs as well if you know what i mean

I don't baby the car but i don't constantly rag it out either! It gets at least 38 psi and ran through the gears a few times on my daily commutes... some more then others depending on where im driving to. I keep the car VERY well maintained to say the least..... I also do all my tuning which i have YEARS of experience at on not only 4g63s but vipers, Fbodys, Fords, Hondas, turbo bikes, nitrous bikes, all motor bikes and the list goes on... I have put 10,000+ miles on my AMS 2.0 at this level with no problems other then regular ARPs stretching enough to lift the head and get some minor blow out in every cylinder on 41psi so i went with the L19s and haven't had the issue since I have to have the trans gone through at least once a year from the fast and high RPM shifts but its worth it My car is TRULY daily driven.. Not a car that i drive a couple times a week or only on the weekends and call it a daily driver. I take it everywhere i go everyday. It goes to show if the car is properly tuned and maintained and not abused just how reliable these cars can be at 700+whp!
hope your car last a long time brother.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Me too! lol. But nothing lasts forever especially when ur pushing it... When i had the head off about 7-800 miles ago the engine looked GREAT! If it blew up tomorrow i couldn't complain really and would just have to build another

I know so many people that cant even get 500 miles out of there engines at this power level.... It really comes down to having an all around well built machine and knowing exactly what ur doing with it. You can blow an engine at 300HP just as fast as an engine making 6-700HP if your not on top of what your doing! Ive seen it happen much to often over the years.... And it can be from bad luck such as a part failure or 100% related to who is behind the engine build and tune "which is usually the case more then bad luck hehe" This is a "game" where anything can happen.... And if your not willing to blow ur engine no matter how much we all think we know then by all means don't push it!!
Old Jan 12, 2010, 04:17 PM
Account Disabled

u are 100% right bro. It all depend on how u drive it.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

I made 542 whp/435 wtq on pump gas. Drove it as a daily driver and hit redline daily (8700 rpm).

Unfortunately had the oil pump go on me. It ruined thrust bearings and thrust landing

Its in for a 2.1 bottom end now.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

I run 38psi on a daily basis on E85 and boost has been higher and shifting at 9-9200RPM FAST shifts. I don't baby my car at all when its hammer time thats for sure and Corey can attest to that! I take it out every weekend and do street runs as well if you know what i mean

I don't baby the car but i don't constantly rag it out either! It gets at least 38 psi and ran through the gears a few times on my daily commutes... some more then others depending on where im driving to. I keep the car VERY well maintained to say the least..... I also do all my tuning which i have YEARS of experience at on not only 4g63s but vipers, Fbodys, Fords, Hondas, turbo bikes, nitrous bikes, all motor bikes and the list goes on... I have put 10,000+ miles on my AMS 2.0 at this level with no problems other then regular ARPs stretching enough to lift the head and get some minor blow out in every cylinder on 41psi so i went with the L19s and haven't had the issue since I have to have the trans gone through at least once a year from the fast and high RPM shifts but its worth it My car is TRULY daily driven.. Not a car that i drive a couple times a week or only on the weekends and call it a daily driver. I take it everywhere i go everyday. It goes to show if the car is properly tuned and maintained and not abused just how reliable these cars can be at 700+whp!
Funny thing is your car is driven more than my 360whp Evo.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sharkbite2000
800hp on a daily very hard to belive a car would stay together at that power level everyday unless you baby that.

well the dude has a 1300hp gallardo and a a maxed out supra, and he said 500hp was pretty much boaring for a DD, so i have no problem beleiving his car has about 800hp
Old Jan 12, 2010, 10:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Corey
Funny thing is your car is driven more than my 360whp Evo.
Speaking of your EVO... When are you getting your goods installed so we can throw a nice E85 tune on there??

PS. Once this weather clears up I will be getting in touch with you on a full detail on the EVO. It's clean as always.... but its not Corey clean!
Old Jan 12, 2010, 11:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
penthouse = postwhore

Someone should crown you king of the one liners.

Good god man you just joined and you all ready have half the post count I do

I am right at 500 DD I drive 4-7 days a week. Given I live less the 2 miles from work thats why I run NT01's all year That and its cali it never rains.

My car still has under 30K on it

Last edited by BCOZEVO; Jan 12, 2010 at 11:35 PM.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 11:56 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by FullBoostRacing
penthouse = postwhore

Someone should crown you king of the one liners.

Good god man you just joined and you all ready have half the post count I do

I am right at 500 DD I drive 4-7 days a week. Given I live less the 2 miles from work thats why I run NT01's all year That and its cali it never rains.

My car still has under 30K on it
haha fullboost, cuz iam constantly online the whole day everyday at work, and also wanted to be an evolved memer of evom. I really love to talk about car, especially evos.
ps. sorry for offtopic op
Old Jan 13, 2010, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by yellowevo82
dave buschur would be the guy to talk to...
+1....last i knew he had the fastest DD
Old Jan 13, 2010, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

I can't remember if Buschurs car is DD'd or If he just says its a street car. He'll have to chime in if he feels like it
Old Jan 13, 2010, 10:12 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by b16a95eg
I can't remember if Buschurs car is DD'd or If he just says its a street car. He'll have to chime in if he feels like it
iam pretty sure dave buschur got a bunch of cars to drive to work. There's no reason he drive his 9, 10 second car to work everyday.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

Speaking of your EVO... When are you getting your goods installed so we can throw a nice E85 tune on there??

PS. Once this weather clears up I will be getting in touch with you on a full detail on the EVO. It's clean as always.... but its not Corey clean!
I'm off the 2nd week in Feb. so hopefully I'll be able to get everything on then. You still have that Walbro?

You know I'm up for some car cleaning, just not in 15 degree weather. My car needs it too.