Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Is it just me?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2010, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Consider your self fortunate thats all your bills have come to.

Mods + maintanace + marriage + home payments= One broke (but happy) Evo owner.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 12:57 PM
Evolving Member

Yes, i also bought my car not knowing how much stuff cost, but i have never regreted buying my EVO...LOVE IT LOVE IT
Old Jan 13, 2010, 02:18 PM

not to be rude or anything but that's nothing. it is a money pit and if you drive retarded and beat on it all the time,which is easy to do, maintinence will be costly! Its not the cheapest car to own. Just wait till you really mod it......hehe
Old Jan 13, 2010, 11:44 PM
Evolving Member

im not paying an arm and a leg for maint. i mean it helps my buddy works for a shop, but ive been searching all over for the stuff i got. as for maint every 3k i do the oil clean intake and all that.

im getting ready to do a clutch install after i find one but im sure if you were to talk to different shops with how the economy is right now youll find deals and shops will out bid eachother for work..
Old Jan 14, 2010, 12:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by samurai85
I'm curious what you did for 30k maintenance that cost you 500$.
as i said 160cad for all the fluids and parts (ie mobile one synthetic oil, oil filter, coolant, acd gear oil, etc and the belt.) aside from motor oil (supertsore for 35$), i bought all these from mitsubishiparts.net and had it shipped to pt roberts. it also includes 2 valve seals for my rear diffs - they are leaking

384$ was labour for items in these pics EXEPT FOR 3(diy - filter was 80cad at the dealer), 22(just installed winter tires) and 23(upgrading intake soon) under 30k service...

i decided to go to the dealership instead of DIY the fluids flush/change because im a noob. also, this way, i could start keeping track of service history...
Old Jan 14, 2010, 06:20 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by eXtreme-Speed
OP, I am almost possitive your car was here in NJ at a POS road side dealership. The sides of the car had mitsu symbols and they got wider as it went down the side of the car. The steering wheel also looked like a piece of the black stuff was ripped off. They were sitting in the lot for almost a year and no one would buy them. I am pretty sure that they were auctioned off. If this is the car your gonna be stuck with a lot more bills probably.... Get back to me lol.

LOL That is my car! I bought it from Signature Motor Cars in Williamstown, NJ. They are a joke. Literally, but it's 100% my fault. I signed the dotted line and to include I should have took a mechanic with me since I didn't really know what to look for...

I was thinking about contacting the first owner (I know his first and last name from the title) and asking him WTF he did to it.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If You beat on it, time to fix it $$$$$, also not to be rude here or anything, but if you're short on cash, why would you mod the evo.... and than complain
Old Jan 14, 2010, 09:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tweakdsm
If You beat on it, time to fix it $$$$$, also not to be rude here or anything, but if you're short on cash, why would you mod the evo.... and than complain
I'm only short on cash due to other things non-car related but the car stuff is the biggest part of the reason why im low on cash right now. The last mod I bought was this past summer which I had a lot of cash.

When I get the non-car related stuff paid off then I will have a lot more money to do what I want with it. I guess its impossible to find an Evo that wasn't beat on.

Also, I don't beat on my Evo. I drive it respectfully. I like the attention and the nice comments I get from it. Due to finding out how much a new and used Transmission costs, I won't take it to the track. If I ever decide to, then I will make sure I have ample $$$ to fix what could get broken.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by marylandevo8
I'm only short on cash due to other things non-car related but the car stuff is the biggest part of the reason why im low on cash right now. The last mod I bought was this past summer which I had a lot of cash.

When I get the non-car related stuff paid off then I will have a lot more money to do what I want with it. I guess its impossible to find an Evo that wasn't beat on.

Also, I don't beat on my Evo. I drive it respectfully. I like the attention and the nice comments I get from it. Due to finding out how much a new and used Transmission costs, I won't take it to the track. If I ever decide to, then I will make sure I have ample $$$ to fix what could get broken.
this is very true, buying used evo is really hard, alot of them are out there beaten to death, but ones you get used to your car, start the maintanance, oils, and stuff or what needs to be replaced, they can last :> but i guess we are all adicted to our cars.
anoter pain is the payments per month i have less than a year to pay sucker off. Cannot wait!!!...

Last edited by tweakdsm; Jan 14, 2010 at 09:47 AM.