Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Just bought an Evo IV.. what to do??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2010, 02:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoVan
Its understood that there is a slightly higher risk of crankwalk in the IV vs the later models because of a design fault that leads to oil starvation. Some IVs mind you, not all. But this leads many to drop in a later (V-VIII) engine in before investing in power mods.
If you can, opt for a later engine before you bring the car over or start putting any real cash in.

I see your point. I already have a Evo VIII in the states that I send parts for and building too while I am over here.. I might be leaning towards finding a Supra out here and working on it, and bring that engine/trans back with me...
Old Feb 6, 2010, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by gmore84
I got the evo for 1k to be honest.. minor stuff here and there but it runs solid.. pics are coming up in next few days... I am going to do front to back pics.. fun project car...
stfu!!! omg dude im flyin out to japan and buying a IV, lol jk, damn dude your super lucky bro... whats the range price that they run for?? also dude if your able to get them for around that price and strip em and ship the parts to the states you can make some big $$$$ shoot if you bough the car for 1k ship all the parts for 3k you can sell the drivetrain alone for that much... good luck bro please post pics

btw how long you going to be out there??
Old Feb 7, 2010, 01:28 AM

Replacing a IV engine with a VIII engine and ECU requires no modification really. You can essentially "throw" it in. It will look no different than before (besides the lettering on the plug cover).
Old Feb 7, 2010, 02:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by s.gaspar
stfu!!! omg dude im flyin out to japan and buying a IV, lol jk, damn dude your super lucky bro... whats the range price that they run for?? also dude if your able to get them for around that price and strip em and ship the parts to the states you can make some big $$$$ shoot if you bough the car for 1k ship all the parts for 3k you can sell the drivetrain alone for that much... good luck bro please post pics

btw how long you going to be out there??
I sold my IV 6 month ago for just over $4k, the norm is around $3k-$5k. That was just an incredible deal from someone leaving Japan.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 07:45 AM

3k-5k still doesn't sound too bad, i really wish i could get my hands on one of these... okay enough thread jacking for me good luck to the op can't wait to see the pics
Old Feb 8, 2010, 12:59 AM
Evolving Member

Pics.. I don't know how to upload them another way.. the beginning...
Attached Thumbnails Just bought an Evo IV.. what to do??-dsc00271.jpg   Just bought an Evo IV.. what to do??-dsc00265.jpg   Just bought an Evo IV.. what to do??-dsc00272.jpg   Just bought an Evo IV.. what to do??-dsc00274.jpg   Just bought an Evo IV.. what to do??-dsc00279.jpg  

Old Feb 8, 2010, 01:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gmore84
Pics.. I don't know how to upload them another way.. the beginning...

One more pic....
Attached Thumbnails Just bought an Evo IV.. what to do??-dsc00281.jpg  
Old Feb 8, 2010, 10:54 PM

you got an amazing deal i eny you!! im lookin at taken a trip out to japan next year, how long you gonna be out there
Old Feb 9, 2010, 08:01 PM

hey just wondering if you could let me know the average price of an evo 5... i have a company that is trying to find one for me so im just trying to figure out about how much im going to need to put as a deposit thanks in advance
Old Feb 10, 2010, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They start at about $7K. Check out this site to see what used car dealer have avalible.

http://www.goo-net.com/english/

It would be best to find a dealer who goes though the auctions, it would be cheaper.

Last edited by nudge120; Feb 10, 2010 at 08:19 AM.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 02:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by s.gaspar
you got an amazing deal i eny you!! im lookin at taken a trip out to japan next year, how long you gonna be out there
3 more years... l. ol
Old Feb 12, 2010, 12:06 AM

military?? i had a friend in the navy that got stationed out there, the plan was for him to buy an evo before he came back this march and bring it with him, but his dumb *** went and got kicked out so that wont be happening... i know i have to have another friend thats stationed out there though
Old Feb 12, 2010, 12:47 AM

OGM, evo IV, my favorite evo out of all, I say is time to gats some mods going, since is alot cheaper to mod in jap, then here in N.America here.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 03:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Aznknight47
OGM, evo IV, my favorite evo out of all, I say is time to gats some mods going, since is alot cheaper to mod in jap, then here in N.America here.
That is true. I can put money into the car but it takes alot of money to bring the car back to the states and that's if I even want to do that. I am really looking for a Evo III... So, I can build that car up and take the engine back to the states..
Old Feb 21, 2010, 12:33 AM

good luck with whatever you decide to do bro!! wish i could get my hands on one

Quick Reply: Just bought an Evo IV.. what to do??