Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Got hit by a Chevy Tahoe!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2010, 08:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got hit by a Chevy Tahoe!!!

We'll, it finally happen to me.... I've always parked far away in parking lots, took extra care to make sure I didn't scratch or damage the paint and then this happens today. I'm sitting at a red light and the light turns green I start to go and bam! A 2008 Chevy Tahoe slams into the back of my car and I'm like WTF? You didn't see me??? Sorry for the female drivers, but typical Soccer Mom in and SUV not paying attention with her foot mashed on the accelerator.
Attached Thumbnails Got hit by a Chevy Tahoe!!!-evo_crash.jpg  
Old Jan 16, 2010, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

wing looks like it survived Sucks man, sorry to hear you got hit.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ugh well keep your pimp hand strong with making her pay out lol
Old Jan 16, 2010, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

that sucks but it seems like all you need is a bumper and a trunk lid.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 08:27 AM
Evolving Member

JDM rear, VII tails, CF trunk

Good luck!
Old Jan 16, 2010, 08:38 AM
Evolving Member

looks like more damage to the inside trunk area, where the latch is.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

The trunk is obviously trashed. Same thing happened to me except is was a young kid texting on his phone.

My accident it crushed the frame in a bit, bent the exhaust. Took 4 months to get her back and she drives good now. Get a CF trunk, JDM rear. I paid 100 for both of mine cause the insurance covered a stock one and I just paid more and got aftermarket one that I liked better.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 08:51 AM
Evolving Member

make sure you show them the receipt for the ralliart license plate frame too! But i'd rather my car get hit in the rear than anywhere else...good luck with the repair
Old Jan 16, 2010, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

Rear bumper beam installed or no? Just out of curiosity. Thanks sorry to hear about your misfortune but definately make her pay for repairs.

Josh
Old Jan 16, 2010, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The height of the Tahoe bumper looks like it made the damage worse than what would have happened if you were hit by a non-SUV. F-ing SUVs.

I had a similar rear end collision except that instead of an SUV is was an older Porsche. And because of the lower front end of the Porsche instead of the damage being high up on the rear, the nose of the other car went under my Evo and caused lower rear damage.

Get the repairs done right the first time...and feel free to rake the soccer mom over the coals.

Good luck.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sleeper-s
Sorry for the female drivers, but typical Soccer Mom in an SUV not paying attention with her foot mashed on the accelerator.
Don't apologize, they are what they are. If the first thing they do when they get in their car is to put their cell phone to their ear, then they are wrong.

I almost had the same thing happen to me just minutes ago at Wmart, except she would have plowed through the driver side quarter panel. She was in a full size truck, so there is no excuse for her not being able to see me. I guess I'm gonna start getting some use out of my tire valve stem remover tool after all.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Damn, that sucks man. Stupid soccer moms and younger girls and people that can never get off their cell phone while driving, almost get hit daily on my way to work while they're swerving all over the place. Be glad it wasn't a lifted truck though, that could of really sucked. Hope you get everything taken care of though, make her pay!
Old Jan 16, 2010, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sleeper-s
We'll, it finally happen to me.... ? Sorry for the female drivers, but typical Soccer Mom in and SUV not paying attention with her foot mashed on the accelerator.
Sorry for your pain. I always assume its a female driver when I see bad driving.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 01:08 PM
Evolving Member

Damn that sucks. When I bought my car close to a month ago I had it at the dealer for 2 days getting everything checked out and service done. They gave me a rental van for the time and when I was on my way back to pick the car up, I was sitting in traffic and a Tarus smashed into the back of the van knocking the bumper cover and the steel bumper off of the van. First thought was WTF....then o wait I got the rental insurance lol.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

The wing survives.

Win.