Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Questions on turbo upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2010, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Questions on turbo upgrade?

Hey,

Just needing some help, thinking about upgrading from stock turbo on my IX to a Red.

Mods are:
Hallman MBC
AEM boost gauge and wideband
AMS TBE (test pipe)
Injen intake w/ upper & lower intercooler piping
Walbro 255 fuel pump

Obviously if I were to upgrade the turbo I would get some injectors, a new BOV, possibly a new intercooler if needed?

So, my questions are, if I were to switch to the red would there be any other supporting mods needed such as rods? or can the stock motor handle a red?

Also, what cc injectors would you guys recommend? and what BOV? also I assume i would need to go one step colder on my plugs?

I have never done a turbo swap before and this is my first evo so I need some help on this stuff so i don't blow up my car!

Thanks!
Old Jan 17, 2010, 09:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New BOV not needed. The stock DV would probably give less headaches. The stock bottom end will be fine as long as you aren't going to big hp by using meth or high octane fuel. I'd do the injectors and a larger FMIC will probably help you run more boost on pump safely. The Mods are going to Search Read Close this thread probably. Just start reading about other peoples setups on here.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 12:00 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
search

there are a bunch of cars running reds with dyno sheets and mod lists attached

closed...