Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

2006 evo mr will she last forever?whats next?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2010, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^ I agree too. Just stop driving it for a little bit and you will appreciate what it is/what it can do a lot more. Good luck!
Old Jan 19, 2010, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can have yourself a new car, just build the motor and slap a bigger turbo on. The time that it spends in the shop will have you missing it and when you get back in it'll be a totally different animal. Get to work soldier! lol
Old Jan 19, 2010, 12:19 PM
Evolving Member

"just not feeling right"?!?!! dang man you just sound depressed. I love my Evo. But it could be that you do not like it's style of car? maybe you want a RWD? Evo FTMFW
Old Jan 19, 2010, 12:51 PM

keep her, i agree that ul miss her when shes gone.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

take it to a road course, autocross, or just drive it harder on the street and you'll never want to get rid of it. will it last forever? if you take care of it, yes. i've got 146k on my 06 IX MR and i have no intentions of ever selling it, even when i decide to buy another car.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

I got rid of my IX GSR for a new SUV and i regret it..... till this day **** my life
Old Jan 20, 2010, 09:19 AM
Evolving Member

I kinda feel your pain but in a different way. I got my evo and the only thing I dont like is all the things that could/do brake on em. Im hearing a noise in my drivetrain and its starting to worry me and hurt my wallet idk what it is yet :/
Old Jan 20, 2010, 09:51 AM
Evolving Member

ive owned my 04 evo since march, absolutely LOVE driving the thing day to day. owned a couple 1g awd dsm's. 1 got smashed by someone running a redlight and i sold the other when i went off to college, so far, the saddest 2 days of my life. i remember a tear rolling down my cheek as my 91 talon awd drove away. fast forward to now i have my evo, and wont give it up. slightly modded, driven daily and run autocross/rallycross whenever i get the chance. just pulling out of the neighborhood gives me a grin.
just picked up a 2g eclipse for m-thurs commute gonna keep the evo in the garage till the weekends cuz the clipse has cruise control, lol.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by polak1035
I kinda feel your pain but in a different way. I got my evo and the only thing I dont like is all the things that could/do brake on em. Im hearing a noise in my drivetrain and its starting to worry me and hurt my wallet idk what it is yet :/
things don't usually break on EVO's or any other cars until the driver's break them, or unless the car isn't properly maintained. EVO's are very reliable cars. i've never had to do any work that wasn't normal maintenance/wear items. the biggest reason EVO's are always broken down is because of owners who mod them carelessly, and don't know how to drive them.

i'm not talking about driving them soft either, because i drive mine hard every day. my first autocross in it was at 1200 miles. temp tage was still in the window. i launch it, slide it, everything, but i keep up the proper maintenance and at 146k it's still running and racing like the day i bought it.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ODUB
things don't usually break on EVO's or any other cars until the driver's break them, or unless the car isn't properly maintained. EVO's are very reliable cars. i've never had to do any work that wasn't normal maintenance/wear items. the biggest reason EVO's are always broken down is because of owners who mod them carelessly, and don't know how to drive them.

i'm not talking about driving them soft either, because i drive mine hard every day. my first autocross in it was at 1200 miles. temp tage was still in the window. i launch it, slide it, everything, but i keep up the proper maintenance and at 146k it's still running and racing like the day i bought it.
owned the car for 8 months.. temp is still on the glass.haha.. im going to keep the car.just got it back. fresh clutch,flywheel, front sway bar and lower mount... couldnt be happier. idk what the hell i was thinking. trail braking like a ****.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 12:33 AM
Evolved Member

that is an awesome pic lol
Old Jan 21, 2010, 12:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mike.p
dude i felt same way about my first evo 2 years ago...after i sold it i though what the hell did i just do..lol and i just bought my second one last week.... dont do it
What he said...but i even bought the same one back!
Old Jan 21, 2010, 03:54 AM

well i would not sell it yet unless yo need the cash
Old Jan 21, 2010, 05:14 AM

It'll bring a tear to your eye if you sell.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

buy a cheap DD and drive it till u realize how pathetic it is and go back to the evo

Quick Reply: 2006 evo mr will she last forever?whats next?