Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Wth Perrin

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2010, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have noticed that alot when ordering parts by side vendors... they dont update their inventory so not i e mail their sales office to make sure its in stock before i buy... learned that many times when trying to find a cusco front power brace (still cant find one!!!!)
Old Jan 19, 2010, 07:49 PM

buschur with the SD rear section ftw
Old Jan 19, 2010, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Routybouty
Ebay sounds like garbage...just saying.
I agree. It is very cost effective, but in my personal opinion looks and sounds pretty bad and is not something I would put on my car.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boosted Tuning
Please dont recommend ebay exhaust. They are made by 9 year olds forced to work.

You should buy an exhaust from one of our vendors here and SUPPORT companies that SUPPORT the Evo community.
I am pretty sure there are quite a few parts on our cars that are made in the same manner.

Steel is not that expensive. Once the vendors stop raping us then I will buy tubing from them. The stuff is dirt cheap.

Ebay exhausts work just fine and hold up just fine. Even if you cut the canister off and replace it with something else it is still a good deal.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kracka
I agree. It is very cost effective, but in my personal opinion looks and sounds pretty bad and is not something I would put on my car.
Does not look bad. Does not sound bad.

Does look good. Does sound reasonable. I have not heard another exhaust that I said "damn, son, that (insert name brand here) sounds mad tight jdm, yo." Plus, it is probably more free flowing than most of the name brand exhausts you can buy. We are after performance, aren't we?
Old Jan 19, 2010, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

I had a friend come to shop with an ebay exhaust.At first when i saw box i was like .To my surprise for the price it was decent.Piping is piping 304 stainless pipe is pipe theres no tricks in the tubing.He's had this exhaust for 6 years (2G dsm)through new york winters and its still holding up fine.You can get a better can and its still a good deal.All you are paying is for name brand really.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
ive been playing with the idea of selling my greddy TiC if you want it... LMK
Old Jan 30, 2010, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
i would highly recommend the perrin stealth exhaust. if anyone wants to get a good idea of what it looks like take a look in my gallery i have several pictures of it installed
Old Jan 30, 2010, 10:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by McDougal
I am pretty sure there are quite a few parts on our cars that are made in the same manner.

Steel is not that expensive. Once the vendors stop raping us then I will buy tubing from them. The stuff is dirt cheap.

Ebay exhausts work just fine and hold up just fine. Even if you cut the canister off and replace it with something else it is still a good deal.
Okay, even with that said, all I wanna say is...

You should buy an exhaust from one of our vendors here and SUPPORT companies that SUPPORT OUR Evo community.

** Boosted Tuning does NOT sell exhaust systems or parts and NEVER will.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 10:52 PM
Evolving Member

Then tell the Vendors to quit selling their exhaust for $600+ and raping the Evo Community. Im partnered in on an exhaust shop, and know how much they cost to make.

I had 3 different exhaust on my car. Ebay 3+ years sold it to a boy 2 years ago and he still has it, Buschur- Nice but slip fit fell off twice and had to end up welding it all together, my shops custom made.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 07:30 AM
Evolving Member

I ended up with the HKS Hi Power and I love it. It sounds awesome and looks great. I have my dp and hfc on the way.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by McDougal

Exactly...enough said.

Originally Posted by Boosted Tuning
Okay, even with that said, all I wanna say is...

You should buy an exhaust from one of our vendors here and SUPPORT companies that SUPPORT OUR Evo community.

** Boosted Tuning does NOT sell exhaust systems or parts and NEVER will.
If they really did support us, they wouldn't jack us up with prices like that. $600 in some places for a catback??? Or less than $100 for a TBE? I mean seriously, wake up. If I could go back in time, I would've just gotten the Ebay exhaust and saved myself close to $1k.

If you want to splurge money like that, by all means go ahead. But don't come in here and directly tell someone NOT to buy something. You've already said your quote twice, you don't need to say it more than once. Let him make his own ****ing decisions.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
If my EVO did'nt have an exhaust on it when I bought it. $1000+ system may I add. I would have had one custom made or bought an EBAY hands down. I'd never pay 1000 for a exhaust.

Funny thing is I'd be willing to bet that if I took my 1000 exhaust off and put the Ebay on it make more power LOL. The 1000 exhaust necks down in the muffler a little and the rear comes out staight to do this there are some unnecessary bends before the muffler.

The only reason I kept the 1000 dollar piece on the car was I used to DD so to sacrifice a couple hp for my sanity and not getting unwanted attention was worth it. Now I don't so i'll go to something custom or Ebay one in the near future. Neither will be even close to those stupid prices
Old Jan 31, 2010, 12:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by evo@24psi
Then tell the Vendors to quit selling their exhaust for $600+ and raping the Evo Community. Im partnered in on an exhaust shop, and know how much they cost to make.

I had 3 different exhaust on my car. Ebay 3+ years sold it to a boy 2 years ago and he still has it, Buschur- Nice but slip fit fell off twice and had to end up welding it all together, my shops custom made.
A couple things. First you may know how much steel cost and how much an exhaust is to make, but you dont know how much vendor fees are, dyno payments and other over head cost and if you did, you'd be surprised.

Next, If your BR slipfit exhaust "fell off twice", then you should have it installed by a qualified shop. I and many many others have the BR slipfit exhaust and it does NOT fall off if you install it correctly.

Originally Posted by Babs
If they really did support us, they wouldn't jack us up with prices like that. $600 in some places for a catback??? Or less than $100 for a TBE? I mean seriously, wake up. If I could go back in time, I would've just gotten the Ebay exhaust and saved myself close to $1k.

If you want to splurge money like that, by all means go ahead. But don't come in here and directly tell someone NOT to buy something. You've already said your quote twice, you don't need to say it more than once. Let him make his own ****ing decisions.
If they really did support you??

Who do you think pays for this site? Who does all the R&D so EVO run better and faster? I know for sure its the vendors of this site and not any Ebay vendors.

Also, theres many vendors that sell quality exhaust for less then 1K.

Last, Im not forcing anyone to do anything or not letting people make "their own ****ing decisions". Im just saying people should think about about supporting OUR community. If everyone went and bought Ebay TBEs, then there would be NO EvoM.net.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 12:52 PM
Evolving Member

I wouldn't buy that eBay garbage, my friend bought it and it seemed ok for about a month then it began to rust through and one of the hangers fell off. Its honestly a waste of money because now hes paid for that exhaust and an ams one when he could have bought the ams one in the first place... "you get what you pay for"