Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Wth Perrin

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2010, 02:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the reason the eBay junk is so cheap is because they wait for actual Evo enthusiasts to make a product, ie spend thousands on R&D costs and hours, then just go around and copy it. this hurts the community because if someone is just going to do that, why would you want to waste time developing newer, innovative products? i don't have an Evo yet but i will soon. on another particular car board that i frequently visit, they've had the same problems of a certain company copying another company's work and then undercutting them.

what surprises me is that this particular company is praised here on this board. when i do get my Evo in a few months, i for one, will be boycotting this company as they lack ethics.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 02:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mc14
I wouldn't buy that eBay garbage, my friend bought it and it seemed ok for about a month then it began to rust through and one of the hangers fell off. Its honestly a waste of money because now hes paid for that exhaust and an ams one when he could have bought the ams one in the first place... "you get what you pay for"
I agree. You get what you pay for. The Hks Hi power I just got was $539 shipped. I will pay a couple hundred and know it is a quality product.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

evo parts are cheap in comparison to what other platforms pay. be thankful for that.
you pay for what you get.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 03:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jjm4life
evo parts are cheap in comparison to what other platforms pay. be thankful for that.
you pay for what you get.
Yeah exactly. The exhaust for my 08 CBR1000 was $1000.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

heres something to think about:

cbr1000 is what like 10k.. so you paid 10% for an exhaust.
evo is 30k... couple hundred doesnt sound so bad after you break it down like that.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 05:14 PM
Evolving Member

I was actually shocked that Hks and others were as cheap as they are lol
Old Jan 31, 2010, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Foolproof
I was actually shocked that Hks and others were as cheap as they are lol
obviously not cheap enough for some people...
Old Jan 31, 2010, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Boosted Tuning
If they really did support you??

Who do you think pays for this site? Who does all the R&D so EVO run better and faster? I know for sure its the vendors of this site and not any Ebay vendors.

Also, theres many vendors that sell quality exhaust for less then 1K.

Last, Im not forcing anyone to do anything or not letting people make "their own ****ing decisions". Im just saying people should think about about supporting OUR community. If everyone went and bought Ebay TBEs, then there would be NO EvoM.net.
Hahaha you're tooting quite a few horns for someone that's been here just a hair over a month man...

But you're right!! Let's do exactly what you say and spend, what is it, $500 let's say on a brand name catback rather than $80 for a turboback. But yes let's think about the supporters of this community and not our own lives and wallets. I'm sorry, but not everybody is rich enough, like you, to spend thousands of dollars on stainless piping and brands. Some of us have bills to pay, tuition to pay, and rent to pay.

So if you're bills and rent include paying for the name of companies, by all means go ahead. But don't tell someone else to because you think that's what they should do.

And I know you didn't notice (since you've only been here for a month), but EvoM was created back in early 2001 I believe. Now go look around at all the major major vendors and see when they joined. Most joined in 2003-ish. So tell me, since there were no vendors for those two years, then there must've been "NO EvoM.net." correct? Your logic is outstanding...

I think it's time for you to go back to the Newbie forum and stop trying to brainwash those who want genuine and unbiased opinions because if you could have it your way, you would want everybody but yourself to completely forget how to tune a car. And don't even deny that because it'll be a fine example of hypocrisy.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 09:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Babs
Hahaha you're tooting quite a few horns for someone that's been here just a hair over a month man...

But you're right!! Let's do exactly what you say and spend, what is it, $500 let's say on a brand name catback rather than $80 for a turboback. But yes let's think about the supporters of this community and not our own lives and wallets. I'm sorry, but not everybody is rich enough, like you, to spend thousands of dollars on stainless piping and brands. Some of us have bills to pay, tuition to pay, and rent to pay.

So if you're bills and rent include paying for the name of companies, by all means go ahead. But don't tell someone else to because you think that's what they should do.

And I know you didn't notice (since you've only been here for a month), but EvoM was created back in early 2001 I believe. Now go look around at all the major major vendors and see when they joined. Most joined in 2003-ish. So tell me, since there were no vendors for those two years, then there must've been "NO EvoM.net." correct? Your logic is outstanding...

I think it's time for you to go back to the Newbie forum and stop trying to brainwash those who want genuine and unbiased opinions because if you could have it your way, you would want everybody but yourself to completely forget how to tune a car. And don't even deny that because it'll be a fine example of hypocrisy.
Before becoming a vendor, I was a user named Evo_kid. Have been here since 05. Have over 3K post. Wrote the how-to's for ECU boost and have helped many people and am a respected member on this board and in the ECUflash forums.

Anyways, I am over arguing with you. Have a great day.

Last edited by Boosted Tuning; Jan 31, 2010 at 09:11 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Jan 31, 2010, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Maxboost83
the reason the eBay junk is so cheap is because they wait for actual Evo enthusiasts to make a product, ie spend thousands on R&D costs and hours, then just go around and copy it.
But were talking about exhausts here, I highly doubt there is a ton of R&D that goes into them; Piping is piping. Now the knock-off turbos are a different story...
Old Jan 31, 2010, 10:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Boosted Tuning
A couple things. First you may know how much steel cost and how much an exhaust is to make, but you dont know how much vendor fees are, dyno payments and other over head cost and if you did, you'd be surprised.

Next, If your slipfit exhaust "fell off twice", then you should have it installed by a qualified shop. I and many many others have the BR slipfit exhaust and it does NOT fall off if you install it correctly.
Do i know how much Vendor fees cost? Yes, im an admin on another forum.

Qualified shop for an bolt on exhaust! My exhaust shop has had the highest reputation in South MS for the last 10+ years. The clamps (not the V band clamp style they changed to) never held the pipes worth crap since day one. Mine nor the 3 other people that had the same exact one that lived near me. Like i said, the exhuast was nice though hence why i got it welded together once.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 10:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by whiteflash
But were talking about exhausts here, I highly doubt there is a ton of R&D that goes into them; Piping is piping. Now the knock-off turbos are a different story...

Besides different types of Metals, i total agree. I support Vendors all i can on Every website im on. We know the ones that do true R&D and help the community.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 10:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by evo@24psi
Do i know how much Vendor fees cost? Yes, im an admin on another forum.

Qualified shop for an bolt on exhaust! My exhaust shop has had the highest reputation in South MS for the last 10+ years. The clamps (not the V band clamp style they changed to) never held the pipes worth crap since day one. Mine nor the 3 other people that had the same exact one that lived near me. Like i said, the exhuast was nice though hence why i got it welded together once.
Is your forum owned by IB? If not, your vendor fees are mostly likely very cheap in comparison.

Also, if the clamps are tightened correct and installed correctly, BR slip fit TBE WILL NOT FALL APART.

Check this thread for more info
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...t-fitment.html
Old Jan 31, 2010, 10:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Here is a great quote, explaining why/how your BR slipfit exhaust may have "fell apart" dur to installer error.

Originally Posted by BluEVOIX
Either you didnt slip in enough tubing or you installed the clamp incorrectly. The clamps are step down type where the slip over section is wider than the slip-in section. Either you mixed that up and put it backwards or you didnt place it on correctly, assuming you did tighten it snug.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 10:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pricing is based on what the market will tolerate. If people are going to spend 600 on an exhaust, then why would that vendor charge less?

If all of a sudden, a rash of butt-freakin' awesome exhausts were released on the market for $100, then things would change.

No need to argue about.