Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Wth Perrin

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2010 | 06:52 PM
Evolving Member

Wth Perrin

So I was looking around for exhaust for my car and have been for a couple weeks. Well I seen a picture of the Perrins stealth catback. So I shopped around and last night ended up going to their site. I clicked on the exhaust and !!!!! they were having a "holiday sale" for like $349 and $398 shipped. I bought it up and couldnt wait to get it in. Well I got a email this morning saying they had discontinued the exhaust and they dont have any more now. I was excited to get a exhaust that I wanted for so cheap and spend that money on extra parts. But o well....I just hate when stuff like that happens.
Old Jan 18, 2010 | 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

Buy an ebay tbe for half that and get the same result.
Old Jan 18, 2010 | 10:29 PM
Evolving Member

i got my ebay one for $80 and i guarantee its almost exactly the same.
Old Jan 19, 2010 | 09:43 AM
Evolving Member

Not to sure about the ebay stuff. I have had items like that on other cars I have owned and they just dont seem to last IMO. I would rather spend the extra $$$ now and be sure to have a part that I am not going to have to mess with in the future.
Old Jan 19, 2010 | 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

trust me you dont want ebay exhaust cause after a year you going to replace your canister due to cheap stuff being inside of it, BUT if you want to go cheap jut get a canister or muffler and go to a local exhaust shop and have they bend a few pipes for you, cause its not that hard if you have he tools.
Old Jan 19, 2010 | 09:48 AM
chu
Evolved Member

Someone in the for-sael section has a Cobb for $300. Want stealth, thats the one to get!
Old Jan 19, 2010 | 09:51 AM
Evolving Member

I got one. Just installed Saturday.

It's a great exhaust and I'm extremely pleased with my choice. Nice, deep tone and no drone. And I love the black for some stealth.

Ebay exhausts will "work" but I actually replaced a Tanabe CBE with the Perrin, and not because it would "work" any differently. The Tanabe was waaaay too loud and looked kinda ricey. I don't mind paying more an exhaust if it gets me the right sound and look that I'm going for.
Old Jan 19, 2010 | 11:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by McDougal
Buy an ebay tbe for half that and get the same result.
Originally Posted by Andrewkbmx
i got my ebay one for $80 and i guarantee its almost exactly the same.
Please dont recommend ebay exhaust. They are made by 9 year olds forced to work.

You should buy an exhaust from one of our vendors here and SUPPORT companies that SUPPORT the Evo community.
Old Jan 19, 2010 | 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

I vote buschur/ams
Old Jan 19, 2010 | 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by BriK
I got one. Just installed Saturday.

It's a great exhaust and I'm extremely pleased with my choice. Nice, deep tone and no drone. And I love the black for some stealth.

Ebay exhausts will "work" but I actually replaced a Tanabe CBE with the Perrin, and not because it would "work" any differently. The Tanabe was waaaay too loud and looked kinda ricey. I don't mind paying more an exhaust if it gets me the right sound and look that I'm going for.
Glad to hear you like the Perrin. I bought the stealth from them during this sale as well (along with a Perrin DP). Can't wait to install them both on my car but I'm going to wait until spring.

And to the OP - sorry to hear that you missed out on the sale. Keep checking back with the EvoM sponsors. Great exhaust deals pop up all the time.
Old Jan 19, 2010 | 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boosted Tuning
Please dont recommend ebay exhaust. They are made by 9 year olds forced to work.

You should buy an exhaust from one of our vendors here and SUPPORT companies that SUPPORT the Evo community.
^ This. My personal fav is still the JunB.L.
Old Jan 19, 2010 | 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Cobb makes a really nice exhaust for the Evo 8/9. Its design and sound is similar to Perrin's; a nice deep tone thats not too loud and doesn't drone. Its been discontinued but they have a few left in their warehouse they're selling for CHEAP. You just have to give them a call since they're no longer on the website.
Old Jan 19, 2010 | 12:54 PM
Evolving Member

I just got mine but I too am waiting til Spring but I went back to get the downpipe/cat and the prices went back up! Can't wait to install it! Sorry man keep checking f/s forums
Old Jan 19, 2010 | 01:53 PM
Evolving Member

ETS ftw!
Old Jan 19, 2010 | 07:18 PM
Evolving Member

Perrin sounds amazing. I have a full 3" catless and it is very quiet for that. Sounds great, I wanted the stealth but didn't want the extra cost so I painted my black. All the non-evo guys think it stock looking. Ebay sounds like garbage...just saying.