Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

RPM drop...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2010, 08:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well if you're running the stock MAF then your car won't like your BOV to be venting to atmo.. It should be recric back into your intake.. Show us a pic of your BOV setup if you can
Old Jan 21, 2010, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My car is stock and one of the things that I have replaced is the idle sensor (thank you waranty, was gonna be a six hundre dollar fix at the dealer). Anyway just thought i would mention it, doubt its your problem though
Old Jan 21, 2010, 08:53 PM
Evolving Member

Ok good thing to know! I might pay Mitsu a visit! Idle sensor - is this different to the ICV?
Old Jan 21, 2010, 08:57 PM

im putting money on externally venting blowoff valve

i know you got it as a present, and someone spent good money on it

but really, do you want your problem fixed?

instead of denying its the BOV, how about testing it out by putting your stock evo BOV back on...

let us know.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 11:03 PM
Evolving Member

seems like your blitz bov is setup to vta. I used to have the hks ssq set it to vta and it did the same thing. Sometimes car would just died while rolling in neutral after shifting from other gears. Rough idle during starts, rpm gets very low shifting into neutral, went back to oem bov with no regrets.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 04:44 AM

is there a way to change it not to VTA then??
Old Jan 22, 2010, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
based on the link you posted abt your bov there is an optional recirculating kit for it. you could try that if you don't want to replace your current bov. here is a link from the blitz website.http://www.blitzpowerusa.com/product...d/ssbovvd.html check if you have the return type.

Last edited by andrewzaragoza; Jan 22, 2010 at 04:11 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 05:51 PM

my car was doing the same thing.... my battery died and the car would idle fine but if you put it into neutral while driving it wanted to take a crap... i ended up taking it to the stealership and it had to do with the throttle body but it was a cheap fix, it was $75 for the diagnoses, the throttle body service, and a car wash
Old Jan 22, 2010, 07:36 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah I keep hearing its something to do with the TB or IM.. But I want to know what exactly so the dealer doesn't charge me a crap load trying to "diagnose" the problem lol
Old Jan 22, 2010, 10:44 PM

so i have to buy the recirculation flange from here : http://www.alamomotorsports.com/blitz/bov.html

??? thanks
Old Jan 24, 2010, 01:54 PM

mate dont spend a cent yet..

Take off that current blowoff valve and put the original evo one on, or if you dont have an original one, borrow one from someone in this forum if you can

Test it out first and see if your idle problem is fixed.

If your problems fixed, then try out the recirculation for your aftermarket blowoff

If your problem is not fixed, then you can put your aftermarket blowoff back on without a recirculation flange and start looking elsewhere for your idle problem (such as swapping back your original air intake system)
Old Jan 30, 2010, 02:24 PM

blkvii why dont u take into consideration what the folks are saying and stop talking about going to the dealer first do these procedures first before going there.... thats the last thing you want to do
Old Jan 30, 2010, 07:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tristat3
blkvii why dont u take into consideration what the folks are saying and stop talking about going to the dealer first do these procedures first before going there.... thats the last thing you want to do
I don't have an atmo BOV (8MR BOV) and still run the stock intake pipe, so its definitely something else for me... For the OP its prob his BOV, but not for me
Old Jan 31, 2010, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by blkVII
I don't have an atmo BOV (8MR BOV) and still run the stock intake pipe, so its definitely something else for me... For the OP its prob his BOV, but not for me
aren't the original viii bpv worthless pieces of plastic garbage?
Old Feb 1, 2010, 08:07 AM

turns out it was the bov that was creating this problem. Should I go on to purchase the recirculation kit to solve the problem?

Quick Reply: RPM drop...