Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Imight have got in a fight with the curb...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2010, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Imight have got in a fight with the curb...

Well I learned an improtant lesson the other night, when you get in a fight with a loved one...don't go for a drive to "cool down"...
Attached Thumbnails Imight have got in a fight with the curb...-evo-minus-front-bumper.jpg   Imight have got in a fight with the curb...-smashed-intercooler.jpg   Imight have got in a fight with the curb...-broken-front-bumper.jpg   Imight have got in a fight with the curb...-close-up-broken-front-spoiler.jpg  
Old Jan 23, 2010, 03:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvolutinIX
Well I learned an improtant lesson the other night, when you get in a fight with a loved one...don't go for a drive to "cool down"...
dam bro sorry to hear. looks like a write off.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 03:22 PM
Evolving Member

jk prolly about 1k worth out your pocket.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you need to cool down from a fight with a loved one and taking a drive does is what does it for you, keep taking those drives if that's what works for you . Just be more careful.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

I've been there man, that sucks and sorry to hear it. Remember, damage to the car can always be fixed but no-one can bring you back from being dead. You are okay and thats what really counts.

The wife and i got in a fight about 4 years ago and I went for a drive to cool down, almost slid down a cliff. It was wet,all four of the tires on my car completely lost control and i slid to the edge of a cliff up on a mountain road. If i would have opened my door from where I stopped, my step out would have dropped me down about 100ft down this cliff. I might have pissed myself a little on that one, never scared myself so bad in a car in my life. I take a walk around the block to cool down nowadays instead of a drive.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 03:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by digdat
i take a walk around the block to cool down nowadays instead of a drive.
+1
Old Jan 23, 2010, 04:10 PM
Evolving Member

At least you were honest and didn't say your car just broke traction and crashed.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 04:15 PM

Wow, at least you are ok.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

Don't get me wrong I not happy about the damage but I already replaced the IC, one of my buddis had his old stock one an got it to me for $50 bucks..thanks D.. I was also a bit proud of my baby I have NEVER got so sideways in an AWD car. I honestly didn't think is was possable. But you guys are right, I'm okay and that is what really matters, when all is said and done i'm hoping to get her all fixed up for about $450! Good lookin' out fellas.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 04:18 PM
Evolving Member

dam dude that sucks good that your ok and that you didnt do more damage to your evo. i did that once but on my R6 i left my girls house after a fight hauling *** and when i start getting close to the red light i was going about 95mph and it was taking me longer than i had expected to stop and i almost ended up in the middle of the intersectiom with the light green for the other cars going 50mph so its not worth it man
Old Jan 23, 2010, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Now your friends can call you "curby" Hehe looks like minimal damage, no damage.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sonicnofadz
Now your friends can call you "curby" Hehe looks like minimal damage, no damage.
Yeah they actually have! The worst part is I hit the curb about 10 yards from my house! Lets just say I'm not the most liked person on the block right now...
Old Jan 23, 2010, 09:45 PM

I hit a curb recently.... bent a wheel on the lip and rashed up the rear wheel on the same side. I turned on a round-a-bout and when i made the turn the car kept sliding, brakes didnt even help at all. Waiting a replacement set of wheels and am PRAYING I didnt bend anything in my suspension or drivetrain. No body damage or damage to my front lip at all which i was grateful for, even my rallyarmor mudflaps werent even touched. Hopefully all I need is a new set of wheels and alignment. Drives fine accept a slight pull to the left and a wooble from the wheel (however i drive it as little as possible right now just in case). Going to take it to the automotive center on post and check it out tmrw.

Good luck man, looks fixable. Do all mistakes have to be so expensive.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 10:04 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry to hear that bro. Wanna sell me your mesh? lol
Old Jan 23, 2010, 11:33 PM

dont want too many things on your mind when driving. hope all is good in the fam