Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Gotta let the Evo go :(

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2010, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just get a tune and you will get better gas mileage im in the same boat as you though.. paying for college, evo 500/mo, insurance 160, gas who knows, cell phone, food/drinks.. i still make my payments every month, maybe get a better paying job to make it easier..

thing thats killing me most is mods haha
Old Jan 31, 2010, 06:28 PM

lol that suck i will try to save money in others places and put it in gas rolf
Old Feb 1, 2010, 08:29 PM

So what is the actual mpg u guys get???
Old Feb 1, 2010, 09:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Joemflsxe
So let me get this straight, you can't afford your Evo that is payed off?

Seriously, if you can't handle the insurance/gas and attention from the cops you have no business owning the car in the first place.
Such harsh newbies.
I understand your Point of View.
You can buy yourself a nice little civic for about 400-1200 on craigslist ( old 4 door or whatever you choose, manual or auto) in fairly decent shape. Im sure someone would lend you that type of money to buy one and you could just let the Evolution sit in the time being.
Goodluck, I hope you don't have to sell it though. These cars are getting into a lot of bad hands lately.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 09:17 PM

Tell me about it. I live in North Jersey and when they see a 17 year old kid(me) in an evo, its an automatic pullover. Never gotten a ticket but they just pull you over for the hellof it.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 09:27 PM

Are you sure your driving around normally not "spirited?" I got the rexpeed body kit, evo wing on the back had the BBS rims, and even then I've never really got hassled. Pulled over twice. Once for not turning my headlights on at night which was dumb and I got refunded for and once for speeding, which I was guilty of. Other than that, it's really the way you drive and the way you sound.

If you're driving around blasting your radio with the windows down, you'll get attention. If you have a muffler and are loud, you'll definitely get attention. Also, a tip is don't look at the cops when they drive by you. It makes you look like you are not doing anything "bad."
Old Feb 1, 2010, 09:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by speedfreak24
personally i like evos without wings
+1
Old Feb 1, 2010, 10:55 PM
Evolving Member

I am willing to trade my 98 Civic EX, 37 mpg , and take that fuel monster off your hands . But I am in a similar situation as you, in my Junior year of college and practically broke. If you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay for your evo at auction?
Old Feb 1, 2010, 11:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Joemflsxe
So let me get this straight, you can't afford your Evo that is payed off?

Seriously, if you can't handle the insurance/gas and attention from the cops you have no business owning the car in the first place.
I think you got it wrong ^
Old Feb 1, 2010, 11:34 PM

I understand bro same boat but doubt ill sell it to much invested mite have to start up the 3000gt.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 01:17 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I got pulled over once in 5 plus years of owning my EVO, you must be doing something to get pulled over like that all the time.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 05:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sell the evo. Get your education. Get a good job and then buy a used one.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 08:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MR. EVO MR
I got pulled over once in 5 plus years of owning my EVO, you must be doing something to get pulled over like that all the time.
Jersey is harsh my friend. I drive in Pa and cops dont even look at me where once I cross into NJ they go nuts. Its especially bad on RT80 they always follow me and just wait for any reason to pull me over. Even in my old town they just pull me over to see if everything is good with the car. And as for the question how much my evo was off the auction it came out to about 9k fixed.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Bought my evo when i was 17 Eventually dropped out of High school 2 work 2 jobs...... then when i was 20 i let mine go!!!
Old Feb 3, 2010, 06:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by streetracerkam
Such harsh newbies.
I understand your Point of View.
You can buy yourself a nice little civic for about 400-1200 on craigslist ( old 4 door or whatever you choose, manual or auto) in fairly decent shape. Im sure someone would lend you that type of money to buy one and you could just let the Evolution sit in the time being.
Goodluck, I hope you don't have to sell it though. These cars are getting into a lot of bad hands lately.
Kind of agree with him..... im buying a subaru outback for cheap to drive on the side. so my baby doesnt have to be out any more than she needs to be!

Quick Reply: Gotta let the Evo go :(