Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

IX front plate mount options and ideas?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2010, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
IX front plate mount options and ideas?

Well I searched but didn't find to much.

I just picked up an IX and there are no holes in the bumper and I would love to keep it that way. Does anyone have any front plate mouting options or ideas?
My state requires a front plate.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 09:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Washington requires a plate too - eff em. Roll without it; looks 900% better and you don't have to destroy your bumper.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 09:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah Washington does require a front license plate, but half of the time when you see BMW's and Mercedes dealerships they never put the front license plates on ever. My buddy bought a brand new 135i from a dealership and they never gave him a front plate they never drilled anywhere at all
Old Jan 29, 2010, 09:24 PM

i live in washington (seattle area) for about 10 years before, and regularly go home to visit the parents. i leave my Z32 in my parents garage which hasn't had a front plate on it since 2002. i drove it for 6 years without once getting pulled over for not having a front plate. so unless your state really enforces that law i wouldnt even worry about it.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 09:29 PM
Evolving Member

Here in MD we are required to have front plates. I haven't had a front plate for a little over a year now, been pulled over 3 times for it. Got a $60 ticket once, the other times I got warnings.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My only advice if you choose not to run a front plate would be to make sure your not breaking the law in any other serious way because your giving the cops a reason to pull you over. IE - don't have an open container, bag of weed, dead hookers in the trunk, etc etc Just make sure your good to go and the cops usually let you off with a warning.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 09:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
In Manitoba we require front plates and the custom guys are doing just that, no plate<front plate.. its a given but the police enforce it a little bit harshly here, its $106 ticket but guys would rather pay that then deface the front of their pride and joy with a big ugly piece of metal. Me personally I do 1 of 2 things, put it in the front windshield (wedged into the dash on the passenger side, stays and doesn't look too bad) ORRR my personal favourite.. Take 2 elastic bands and fold down the passenger sun visor and secure it to the front with the 2 elastics and leave the sun visor down when you drive put it up when you are parked, laws don't enforce licence plates when vehicle isn't in motion (yes we found a loop hole! haha)

When/If the po po pull you over and ask why the plate is not mounted on the front bumper according to the law you answer (my answer EVERY TIME) is that you are "waiting for the dealership to get in the licence plate bracket, should be in soon so this is just a temperary thing, i'm trying to put an effort into having it but this is the best i can do for the next week or so." -------> memorize that! lol

seriously, elastic band it to the sun visor its the thing to do up here!
Old Jan 29, 2010, 09:36 PM
Evolving Member

Wish we could use that excuse. MD state trooper tickets are all digital now so they are able to lookup previous warnings.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 09:49 PM
Evolving Member

damn my fellow Washington guys have gotten off lucky. I have been pulled over 7 times because of no plate and all seven times i was not speeding/doing anything wrong. More than half of those stops was a cop at an stop light in the other direction and pointed at \me sitting at a red light to pull over..than they give me the "you know why i pulled you over?" and i say "no front plate" they say "yes that is right".....man what a pain in the ***... plus why the hell would you want to drill into your front bumper when there is no where to really put your front plate anyways....dumb...
Old Jan 29, 2010, 09:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by XtoEvolution
Wish we could use that excuse. MD state trooper tickets are all digital now so they are able to lookup previous warnings.
Haha so are ours, if they catch on say one of two things:

1. It broke in a parking lot when some blondie backed into me

ORR if that doesn't baffle them in bull****

2. Flash your *******

cops dig that ****
Old Jan 29, 2010, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 242 Likes on 218 Posts
my bumper had holes in it to start =/
Old Jan 29, 2010, 10:13 PM

cops are dogs no matter what state, country, planet or universe u live in.

however here is the solution to all yr problems (as long as yr evo aint 2 low)

http://www.swiftmotorsports.com/prod...9f31e771cba318
Old Jan 29, 2010, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by MR_Evo206
damn my fellow Washington guys have gotten off lucky. I have been pulled over 7 times because of no plate and all seven times i was not speeding/doing anything wrong. More than half of those stops was a cop at an stop light in the other direction and pointed at \me sitting at a red light to pull over..than they give me the "you know why i pulled you over?" and i say "no front plate" they say "yes that is right".....man what a pain in the ***... plus why the hell would you want to drill into your front bumper when there is no where to really put your front plate anyways....dumb...

that sucks. now that i think about it. i've been pulled over twice in my Z. i got a speeding ticket once and then a warning for speeding the second time. both times the officer made no mention on me not having front plates...
Old Jan 30, 2010, 12:05 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
double sided tape with a velcro backing...one piece of the plate one piece on the bumper

or rivet two aluminum brackets below the front lip where no one can see ad bend them into a "L"
Old Jan 30, 2010, 01:23 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by tundeclips
In Manitoba we require front plates and the custom guys are doing just that, no plate<front plate.. its a given but the police enforce it a little bit harshly here, its $106 ticket but guys would rather pay that then deface the front of their pride and joy with a big ugly piece of metal.
It's a $90 ticket here. I was pulled over 2 years ago for no front plate, got a ticket, and paid the fine. Effectively, paying the state $45 per year as a no front plate tax - fine with me.

Quick Reply: IX front plate mount options and ideas?