Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Dealership replace axle = fail

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2010, 10:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Spish
If this was warranty work... you get what you pay for. I had a dealer mech. drop my transfer case, crack it, and re-install it, I drove it home just to find out I had a leak. The worst part was that they didn't even install my front motor mount bolt! I ended up getting a new transfer case but it was a pain in the ***.
Nope wasnt warranty work, they made their money on this one. I bought the car private, not from them. I just tried checking the fluid but of course I lent a friend the ratchet I need

Originally Posted by porsherules911
yo man sorry to hear about this... hope its not a leak. I'm not surprised to hear this happened from maywood. From all the horror stories I've heard about that ****hole, I will never ever bring my car there.
Thanks man, I wish I got the memo! Ill find out tomorrow whats up, I hope Im just preparing for the worst but its not gonna be the diff that needs replacing