Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

need to rant!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2003, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
another thing that really pisses me off is the way people treat other people on this board. i am all about being yourself but there is a limit. for example, i recently posted some info which i thought was the right info for a guy in the Driving Techniques section. in response to my honest opinion, i got this from another member:

"do not listen to blonde he is an idiot.

obviously he does not own an evo"

even though the person knows nothing about me, he was very quick to call me names and say that i don't know anything...
Old Oct 30, 2003, 05:44 PM
Evolving Member

I believe I did not express myself clearly on my last post. What meant to say was, if I so desire I should be allowed to interact with people in a meter of minutes like we are doing right now. What is the likelihood of somebody posting anything else here a week from now after this post is dead in the next 30 minutes. Not very likely I would say.

It is rude in my opinion to come to someone's post is just say do a search.
I feel if the person has nothing to add they should just not say anything.

Many people come here for several different reasons, we should all be respectful of people's choices/.

thanks,
Old Oct 30, 2003, 05:44 PM
Evolved Member

EvolutionM.net has the potential to be a great site. However, the organization and administration is not there. For technical information, it "ok". For general forums Q and A's its great. THey made somewhat of a decent stride by offering the how to sections. Unfortunately, that turned into another "dumb question/response forum. THis site could use a reorg with content and tech articles being mainstage and forum being secondary. Or maybe, the site is just the way Mark wants it to be. Whatever the case, I don't come here looking for friends or enemies. I come here for the content, which seems to be going downhill. Facts/How to's should be permanent pieces and should not have to be searched through posts for. The reason that the attitudes has increased is because there is a different audience out there, since the Evo has arrived. The site as it stands is a low maintenance site. To accomodate the things I mentioned and as others have to, would take more maintenance. There has to be a happy median somewhere. Nuff said.
Old Oct 30, 2003, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

I'll agree with you Fred. I usually offer some information, and follow up with a "for more details, try running a search."

Also, the way dead threads have been coming back lately, this one will be due for resurection in about 9 months.

Blonde, I agree with you again. This name calling preschool crap needs to end.
Old Oct 30, 2003, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

i agree with you and i am willing to help Mark with what ever he needs to get this site back on tracks. if he need more mods all he has to do is ask.
Old Oct 30, 2003, 05:50 PM
Evolving Member

Hahaha all this whining, obviously you people haven't been on a BIG site like NASIOC...
Evolved Member

Yhea, I've been "volunteering" for Mod duty since I showed up...LOL.

"Vote for the Goon, he'll make those whiny flamers PAY!"

All I need now is a war chest and I'd be the perfect Republican.
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Sailorgoon

Blonde, I agree with you again. This name calling preschool crap needs to end.
after being a member of NASIOC for the past 2 years, i have come to respect the way the site deals with name calling and flaming. it just makes it so much nicer with out all that preschool crap.
Old Oct 30, 2003, 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by drmosh
Hahaha all this whining, obviously you people haven't been on a BIG site like NASIOC...
See? If I was a mod, I would delete this post because it is detracting from the rant that Blonde, I and the others had going.

Thanks for ruining a perfectly good session of whining, Mosh! j/k
Old Oct 30, 2003, 05:51 PM
Evolving Member

i may just be pissed that some of the questions people ask i think they are common sense. I agree everyone is different and has the right to learn/ask whatever they want.

I don't agree with how most threads end up with a name calling game, or an insult on someones (insert anything here).

I agree with mrdecibel that the site should be info based. for instances the how to's, everyhow how to that is actually a how to should be stickied at the least. just a thought...
Old Oct 30, 2003, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by drmosh
i disagree, i have been a member of NASIOC for the past 2 years and i really didn't see so much name calling and dumb posts as on this site.
Old Oct 30, 2003, 05:53 PM
Evolving Member

More mods is not necessarily the correct thing to do, more mods could lead to post moving and deletion madness. I have seen sites with just too many mods on them and it became a nightmare just to post...
Old Oct 30, 2003, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by blonde
we have too many kids and trolls on this site
Old Oct 30, 2003, 05:54 PM
Evolving Member

Blonde I toatally agree with u, most of the people on this site are just ****ing little *****es. A lot of the time, it makes me not want to post here. It seems like there isn't a thread where some1 doesn't try to burn some1 else. It's like they get something out of putting other people down. It's like it makes them a bigger person, but in reality it just makes them look like a total ****.
Old Oct 30, 2003, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by EVO-Bill
Blonde I toatally agree with u, most of the people on this site are just ****ing little *****es. A lot of the time, it makes me not want to post here. It seems like there isn't a thread where some1 doesn't try to burn some1 else. It's like they get something out of putting other people down. It's like it makes them a bigger person, but in reality it just makes them look like a total ****.
I couldn't agree more.