Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

who can heel-toe.......

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2010, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No question, the EVO is easiest car I have ever driven (including forumla dodges) to "heel-toe." I used to own a '69 Corvette - that was a b-tch to heel-toe - the pedals were so far apart, you really had to use your heel and your toe.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mike.p
damn i guess i got practice more... maybe im not coordinated enough..lol
move your seat forward and take it from there

your DD seat position tend to be more relaxed and further away compared to when your at the track

nike trainers are good shoes to start with since they are wider

gl
Old Feb 8, 2010, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A lower seat definitely helps. I have a feeling alot of you are getting "rev match down shifting" confused with "heel toe downshifting". Heel Toe is when you are applying brakes while down shifting with a rev match. On the street heel toe downshifting is pretty much useless unless you are driving like a retard. Rev match downshifting is what I use every day.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 10:47 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by TxEvo8
I don't really use my heel, more like the outside of my right foot, just takes a little practice..
I did this too in my VIII.... I wear a 11.5. I found it worked a lot better for me than a normal heal toe.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice car in your vid man. I think you should put an exhaust back on if that is the reason it sounds like that. Motor sounds mean, but im not feelin the exhaust note
Old Feb 8, 2010, 11:42 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would agree with that is said above that the CT9A platform yields well to learning/performing a heel toe for downshifting. I am not expert but i can tell you that heel/toe downshifting on the street is vastly different then doing so on a track. In a fast paced situation where you are focusing more then coming to subtle stop and dealing with high rpms it becomes a little more unlearned than you thought.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 12:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by awdboosted
...Wear shoes that tie. Love my Pumas
Originally Posted by Mike.p
... pumas seem to be the best driving shoes without actually buying "driving" shoes
Originally Posted by oneofakindtrini
...Puma's Ftw when it comes to HeelNToe!
I LOVE MY PUMAS! <3

Originally Posted by nemsin
The better question is who can camel-toe?
Attachment 146806
EWW! LOL

Originally Posted by Fast_Freddie
I fail at heel-toe... I wear a size 8 and have massive ankle injuries from skateboarding half my life... can't really bend the ankle enough to reach the gas pedal. I sat in my garage for about an hour one day to try and figure out a way to make it work... I could not... however rev matching, no problem
I had surgery on my right ankle too, so I can't heel-toe the traditional way either (toes on brake and heel on gas). I always rev match when driving, but in order for me to heel-toe, I'll need to see if I can turn my foot outward so my heel is on the brake and my toes are on the gas. Haven't been very successful in my attempts so far. So if you try it that way, let me know how it works for you. lol

Originally Posted by KooIDud3
I first heard about heal-toe on an anime called Initial D along with other techniques haha
I LOVE INITIAL D <3
Did you see the movie too? It wasn't as good as the anime, IMO.

Originally Posted by JDMevoBOOST
...On the street heel toe downshifting is pretty much useless unless you are driving like a retard. Rev match downshifting is what I use every day.
LOL. I agree