Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

FP Green vs Evo 9 turbo

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2010, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by pure_evo
OK. Now I'm sure you'll get some nice feedback. Assuming that you are going to already have and/or get the usual supporting mods and the only thing missing is the turbo of choice, I'd say for your $2,000 stated threshold, that I'd get either a used 64mm FP Red with meth. With the 64mm FP Red, it's hit-or-miss rather or not you need to get the upgraded oil feed line. If that is a concern of yours, then look into a used 80mm FP Red as I've seen a couple for sale here lately. If meth is out of the question for you, the FP Black would be your final stock-framed turbo of choice on pump/93. If this isn't quite enough, your next logical choice should be the either the PT6262 or HTA35r with the .63 a/r for the slightly quicker spool.
would have to say he is actually right for once here is a basic mod path to get what you want now you can really improve things by getting ported head built block double pumper etc. I dont recommend meth period but if you must here you go

93oct 480-525
ported fp red
ported intake manifold
ported T/B
Ported exhaust manifold
kelford or s2 cams
spring and retainer upgrade(optional)
intercooler piping
intake/cone filter
3.5 " intercooler
aps twin vent bov
3" TBE
testpipe
ported ebay SS o2 housing/Megan o2
Arp headstuds
meth injection
walbro 255
1000cc injectors
35psi boost guage
widebad guage
Aggressive tune(30psi).
Old Feb 6, 2010, 07:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RockmanX
would have to say he is actually right for once here is a basic mod path to get what you want now you can really improve things by getting ported head built block double pumper etc. I dont recommend meth period but if you must here you go

93oct 480-525
ported fp red
ported intake manifold
ported T/B
Ported exhaust manifold
kelford or s2 cams
spring and retainer upgrade(optional)
intercooler piping
intake/cone filter
3.5 " intercooler
aps twin vent bov
3" TBE
testpipe
ported ebay SS o2 housing/Megan o2
Arp headstuds
meth injection
walbro 255
1000cc injectors
35psi boost guage
widebad guage
Aggressive tune(30psi).

ok. here's how it goes. you guys will get a kick out of this story. The engine that is pushing 394hp and 365awhp was built and tuned by The Shop in Norwalk, Ct. I know very limited about what was done to the engine. I bought it as is in the silver evo i had. I totalled that evo and bought it back from the insurance company. Now i have a new evo that im using the parts from my old one and my new one and buying more to basically build the most powerful car i can....... The list above sounds pretty good though. i will give you a list of things that i know are on it. Im not too savvy with these builds and stuff, so i have other ppl do pretty much everything for me. so, sorry if i ask too many questions.... im learning. oh, and i would rather not run meth. I want to try to keep it as simple as possible. Im assuming that running meth is just more to hassle with!? so maybe an fp black is looking good?

here's what will all be on the car that i have now:

1000cc injectors
aftermarket cams
all my intercooler piping
ets 3.0 intercooler
k&n ram air
borla turboback exhaust
gtspec manifold
aftermarket o2 housing
forge bov
guages and all that other stuff.....

and all of the build to the engine that has been done. i was told that is is already able to accept an fp green or red turbo, so obviously they did a pretty good build. im assuming. either way. the engine is getting done from top to bottom again. i just want to find out which turbo i want to try to go with. just to get past 500 hp.....

Last edited by silkey00; Feb 6, 2010 at 07:12 PM.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FP BLACK or RED. im going with the black!
Old Feb 6, 2010, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by silkey00
ok. here's how it goes. you guys will get a kick out of this story. The engine that is pushing 394hp and 365awhp was built and tuned by The Shop in Norwalk, Ct. I know very limited about what was done to the engine. I bought it as is in the silver evo i had. I totalled that evo and bought it back from the insurance company. Now i have a new evo that im using the parts from my old one and my new one and buying more to basically build the most powerful car i can....... The list above sounds pretty good though. i will give you a list of things that i know are on it. Im not too savvy with these builds and stuff, so i have other ppl do pretty much everything for me. so, sorry if i ask too many questions.... im learning. oh, and i would rather not run meth. I want to try to keep it as simple as possible. Im assuming that running meth is just more to hassle with!? so maybe an fp black is looking good?

here's what will all be on the car that i have now:

1000cc injectors
aftermarket cams
all my intercooler piping
ets 3.0 intercooler
k&n ram air
borla turboback exhaust
gtspec manifold
aftermarket o2 housing
forge bov
guages and all that other stuff.....

and all of the build to the engine that has been done. i was told that is is already able to accept an fp green or red turbo, so obviously they did a pretty good build. im assuming. either way. the engine is getting done from top to bottom again. i just want to find out which turbo i want to try to go with. just to get past 500 hp.....
so is your motor built or not?? helps to have a fully built motor less/more boost more power can be had. if your shooting for 500 no meth sounds kind of like me then the FP BLACK or HTA35r or 6262 are in order. thats the deal there you go.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 05:36 AM
Evolving Member

thank you. straight forward answer. thats what i was looking for. :-) and yes, my engine is already built, but i would like to get it built a little better when this happens. right now it is supporting 400hp and they said it is ready for a bigger turbo, but i would like to throw some more/better parts in it anyways.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 07:09 AM
Evolved Member

Just got my car back from TTR friday. Im running a 80mm red. I have a small loss of compression. With the red I did 449/394 at 25LBS on 93octane. E85 I made 510/457 at 32LBS. The thing I like about this turbo is it stays above 500whp fromm 5500-7500rpms. Sell you turbos and get a black or red.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 04:31 PM
Evolving Member

fp black
Old Feb 7, 2010, 04:50 PM
Evolving Member

arent the fp blacks like on back order or something? someone told me that.... dunno if its true or not...