Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Seeking Mod advice

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2010, 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Will be happy to work with you when you get stationed closer.

Let us know when you are ready to get your build underway!

Thanks
TTP

Thanks TTP. I've always heard great things about you guys so you'll definitely be hearing more from me in the next few months. Right now I'm just deciding which way I want to go with my mods.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by atombomb33
400whp? Depends on which dyno. You should be more concerned with overall gains or trap speed instead of peak whp numbers...since peak whp numbers don't really mean anything. Gains or trap speed are a true indication of the real power your car is putting down.

That's true. I'm just setting 400 whp as a goal. I'd rather have a better overall car. That's why I'm thinking of just heading down the road of tuning my car for better spool and response cause IMO it'll become a better everyday car and good for tracking if I ever get the time to track.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 07:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by UD Kingo
I have an IX MR as well. I just boutght my car a few months ago, however, I have heard from many many people that our MR 6-speed is not as strong as the 5-speed that all the other cars have. Not saying it cant support 400hp, but I would be careful!
I've heard that even with 400 whp our trannies should still hold out pretty well. But once you start getting up to about 450 and above that's when you'll have to serious be careful.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mountain passes huh? your car is fast enough, suspension and brake mods will be ALOT more fun
Old Feb 9, 2010, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by stevolee
I've heard that even with 400 whp our trannies should still hold out pretty well. But once you start getting up to about 450 and above that's when you'll have to serious be careful.
Good to know... When I start modding more aggressively, my goal is around that area of 400WHP... so hopefully that is the case.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 08:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kanyonkid
mountain passes huh? your car is fast enough, suspension and brake mods will be ALOT more fun
Actually, that sounds like a good way to go for right now. I'd love to have hardcore power too, but I'm thinking about the balancing and upgrading my breaks and suspensions first.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 10:24 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by stevolee
Thanks TTP. I've always heard great things about you guys so you'll definitely be hearing more from me in the next few months. Right now I'm just deciding which way I want to go with my mods.
Sounds like a plan. Will be here for you when you are ready.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 07:11 PM
Evolving Member

If you want to get to 400 hp you are more than likely going to have to run more boost than 20 psi...cams and meth are also pretty good upgrades.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 03:17 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah, I plan to run more boost. I know it's going to be super hard to get 400 whp on 20 psi. Gotta do some extreme modding for that. haha