Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

HELP getting dark and hands are freezing!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2010, 11:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by e\/olution
i think i have read of people having to sand them down a lil bit but wow, i got mine off and in within 10 min lol, easy when u have the mini battery kit too, dont forget to antiseize them up generously before putting them on incase you ever need to take em off
What grit?
Old Feb 10, 2010, 01:59 PM
Evolving Member

nothing too coarse, just enough to sand it down so you can slip them through, also mine did not come with any rubber pieces. I got the buschur underhood ones and there were 2 bushings and 2 little clips...

maybe 400 or finer will do the trick, sand them a little, grease them and push them through, others have used clamps to push them through... good luck
Old Feb 10, 2010, 04:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by guapoholic
Ok so I successfully got both bushings off with some good ol fashioned Crisco veggie oil We have a snow storm watch so we had to move our cars off the main road and the cop gave me "10 mins to do what you gotta do to move your car" or it would be towed So I started working fast lol. I got the arms around the old bushings enough to move the car in the driveway.

Now I have another problem.. I can't get the new bushings to go all the way down because of rust or w.e it may be.. The cooking oil wasn't coming through this time either so idk what to do. Have anyone used agency power bushings btw... I'm wondering where those two rubber washers go.
sand the inside .....and the rubber washers go on one end of the bushing so make it were the arm cant slide off of it