Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

help, cant resolve ses light, have done everything reccomended

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2010, 09:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help, cant resolve ses light, have done everything reccomended

my car has all the mods listed in my sig. when i bought the car is had an ses light, to get rid of that i had to put a non fouler into my test pipe 02 sensor and replace an exhaust gasket, that got rid of the low fuel injection and 02 codes being thrown, at that time i had a 3rd code, the dreaded po300 misfire. we reset the meintnance light and it came on about 100 miles later. it was reccomended to replace spark plugs by ams since car had 33k miles, and was running a while with the other 2 codes. i replaced them and reset the code it came on again another 100 something miles later, i reset again to see on more time, and it just came on, im still getting the po300 with new OE plugs for a IX. everything on the car is running great, all meintnance is done. idk what it could be. the mechanic where i work suggested the car needs to be tuned again as the last time it was tuned was in 2008. i know the po300 is a common code, but ive done everything to fix it and there is no reason it shuold be on. what do you guys think does my car just need to be re tuned?? or is it something else

thanks for reading the wall o' text-max
Old Feb 10, 2010, 01:56 PM
Evolving Member

I wasn't getting the code every 100 miles but it was often enough, I too changed the plugs but I also added some fuel cleaner and it got a lot better, try that and if that doesn't work I would re tune
Old Feb 10, 2010, 02:18 PM
Evolving Member

the p0300 code is common for cars with cams, i just had that issue a few weeks ago. also check your afr's make sure your not running excessively rich to where you fould your plugs and o2 sensors.

on a side not, ams reccommends the oem plugs for all applications as ive been told
Old Feb 10, 2010, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I had the kelford 272's with the p0300 code randomly too.

My Tuner Jester fixed it.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your tuner can fix the p0300 code and the rear o2 sensor code.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bluebanana23
Your tuner can fix the p0300 code and the rear o2 sensor code.
+1 , have your tuner remove the p0300.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 04:22 PM
Evolving Member

you can disable it in the ecu periphery bits.. takes about 3.9 seconds

thats really a band-aid fix, should find out what the real problem is.. bad cam angle sensors, bad crank angle sensor, even a clogged egr can throw the code
Old Feb 10, 2010, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Too high idle timing, big jumps in timing from cell to cell in the timing map, drivetrain harmonics, coils, plugs, wires, lifters. A lot of things can trigger that code.

All else fails disable in the rom as mentioned before
Old Feb 10, 2010, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by boostin350z
the p0300 code is common for cars with cams, i just had that issue a few weeks ago. also check your afr's make sure your not running excessively rich to where you fould your plugs and o2 sensors.

on a side not, ams reccommends the oem plugs for all applications as ive been told

you know it funny you say that.. becasue i was the one that told you ams suggests oem plugs for all applications lol. and thats what i have.

my afr is apexi and runs in one unit with my turbo timer, its running fine.

and for no more confusion, the 02 EXHAUST CODES ARE FIXED! only problem i have remaining is the po300 code reoccuring every 1xx something miles. so far most statements im getting from you guys are just suggesting getting it retuned. any other suggestions maybe??
Old Feb 12, 2010, 09:18 AM

thanks for the help guys, went to ams yesturday they figured out the light, all i needed to do was remove the code from my ecu as there was no misfire or issues with the car