Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Lancer Evolution RS Thread [MEGA MERGE]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2003, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by KK
Time to look for the RS front and rear diffs + braces

Mark
EXACTLY! I know I'll be quietly waiting (along with 100's of other Evo owners) for some poor sap to smash up his RS....

SC~
Old Nov 5, 2003, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

AC will be an option as part of a package that includes the power windows and locks.
Old Nov 5, 2003, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

is the rear diff different?
Old Nov 5, 2003, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

why not just spend 4k more and get an evo with all everything... I cant really see paying 4k less for a car that is essentially the same, just without some things that most people would use on a daily basis. The A/C and power package will rpobably run like 2k more, so now you need to still add a radio and wing if you want, which will run another 2k, and then you are still shy the front diff that the evo has, plus no colormathed mirrors/door handles etc...
Old Nov 5, 2003, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by psionic98
why not just spend 4k more and get an evo with all everything... I cant really see paying 4k less for a car that is essentially the same, just without some things that most people would use on a daily basis. The A/C and power package will rpobably run like 2k more, so now you need to still add a radio and wing if you want, which will run another 2k, and then you are still shy the front diff that the evo has, plus no colormathed mirrors/door handles etc...
Exactly . I'm guessing the price difference is going to be closer to $2-3K.
Old Nov 5, 2003, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Kind of off-topic...

Another question to ask:

Warranty coverage for this obviously race intended vehicle...
Old Nov 5, 2003, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Same as stock, which is to say no coverage for racing. It's a reasonable policy, since porsche has the same one for their RS America models which are essentially the same concept. A manufacturer can't offer a competition warranty and expect to stay in business, so I don't think we'll ever see one. There's too many factors out of the manufacturer's control when it comes to enthusiast motorsports. A warranty is intended to cover manufacturer defects, failures when use is within the design specs of the components affected. In terms of covering damage or wear and tear from competition, that's more in the realm of insurance, which covers acts that are out of the manufacturer's control.
Old Nov 5, 2003, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

anybody?
Old Nov 5, 2003, 01:26 PM
Evolving Member

most people sayin if that's their second car...they will buy it?
Old Nov 6, 2003, 06:01 AM
Evolved Member

Looks pretty sweet.. wish I could afford an RS and keep my current evo. and LOL@ the guy that thinks every honda fan will have one! 700 imported to the US.. what are they going to do mate and have baby evo's
Old Nov 6, 2003, 06:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by heshamnaim
is the rear diff different?
I don't think so. From what I recall, the USDM Evo has the JDM RS rear diff so they should be the same.
Old Nov 6, 2003, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts
OMG are you kidding me?!
Old Nov 6, 2003, 07:00 AM
Evolving Member

It will be interesting to see the difference in handling between the US RS and GSR models. I have heard that a front diff can cause more understeer and then others claim it can cause more oversteer. I wonder if there was any change to the sway bars on the RS from the GSR?
Old Nov 6, 2003, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Now watch the RS add Cruise Control...
Old Nov 6, 2003, 10:54 AM
choad

My hope is that this is a precursor to them bringing over the FQ300 and FQ330. The rest of the world is having too much fun with them. I have no use for an RS, but I'd buy an FQ in a heartbeat.

AMEN..

To say that those on this thread that prefer the "MR" or "FQ300 "models "just don't get" the RS is REALLY the retarded statement in itself...

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out 's goal by introducing this model..(should have done this "lightweight" in the first place instead of an equipped car like we got, though for a number of strong reasons, I think that we got the right one to start with ..)

I am an an EVO OWNER . I am not shopping for a car and definetely not looking at an SRT-4 or ANY other type of "race bred" car of which there is FEW out there as we all know..

It appears the people that are commenting on the RS intro and the disappointment becuase lacks an FQ or MR intro for 2004 are for the most part OWNERS not wannabe owners per say...No disrespect to those looking at EVO's, and find the RS to be appealing...but you want the car because it is CHEAPER not because it is READY FOR THE TRACK ..(majority I said..NOT all of you mind you..)

I like the concept of the RS...I also liked the RS America AND the M3 Lightweight..BUT I WOULDN"T BUY ONE!

Maybe it's a personal preference thing, what do you think?!

Enjoy the RS....and keep it forever because you will indeed own an EVO that will appeal to FAR less people in the long run..and therfore carry a much LOWER long term value(not to mention beat up on the track)

Just think, if they brought over the MR or a "loaded" EVO 8, you could own BOTH!!! One to race and one to drive daily!!

Last edited by M3lachsilber; Nov 6, 2003 at 11:52 AM.

Quick Reply: Lancer Evolution RS Thread [MEGA MERGE]