Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Lancer Evolution RS Thread [MEGA MERGE]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2004, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by EVO Neil

Mitsubishis already said it's coming here for 2004. See the February issue of Motor Trend, page 36 for the numbers. 0-60 in 4.4 and a price estimated at $27,095 delivered.
I know, I was just joking.
Old Jan 5, 2004, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by zstryder
The trunk bar can be gotten at japanparts.com if you really want it. I think Ricardon bought it and there were some pics in a thread earlier. I'm not sure if the trunk bar is worth the cash - you may want a rear strut instead of the trunk bar...
How about both?
Old Jan 5, 2004, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

do you mean this is on every evo???? I'll check it out
tonight...

Originally posted by u00mem9
what you are seeing in those pics is on EVERY evo.

the additional bar the RS includes is at the aft edge of the trunk floor. and is only a 2 point (tension/compression) member.

I hope to see it first hand at the Detroit auto show, but so far it looks negligible.

for those of you looking for more pics, like this bar -check out the mitsubishi press releases and photos.

Reading the info there can save alot of simple questions...and maybe help the guy that thought he would call BS

http://media.mitsubishicars.com/Mode...er%20Evolution
Old Jan 5, 2004, 03:45 PM

that's right.
Old Jan 5, 2004, 03:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by meisnerboy

Mark-ups??? How about discount?

They take the evo, strip it, add front lsd (bfd), offer it in only two colors, and only take 150 pounds off in the process.

Why would anyone buy one???

(now if it was 500 pounds off and any coice of colors I would be sooooo there )
this is why they sell them in other countries to either go ralliing or for teams to buy to use in rallys
Old Jan 5, 2004, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

The RS has been successful in previous generations of Evo's for hardcore enthusiasts or racing teams across the world... I don't think that people plan on buying them for daily drivers. As far as I know, this is probably the first time they've offered the "Urban Jungle" package as well.

The point is, the RS is catering to the motorsports crowd to hopefully gain some prestige and popularity in the Mitsu name. If and when Mitsubishi becomes a "hot" name in the US, then we might see something like the MR here.
Old Jan 5, 2004, 05:49 PM
Evolving Member

Its probably been said 7,424,392,101,327,462,946,297,323 times, their would be more market for the MR than the RS.
Old Jan 5, 2004, 11:44 PM
Evolved Member

Just checked it out....I think you're right... though i'm not 100%
certain since I didn't spend time trying to remove the carpet
covering.

Did you remove it to see the V bar in the center?

Originally posted by u00mem9
that's right.
Old Jan 6, 2004, 10:20 AM
choad

Its probably been said 7,424,392,101,327,462,946,297,323 times, their would be more market for the MR than the RS.
A fricken men brother..
Old Jan 6, 2004, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by tryandcatchme
The market for all Evos worldwide is tiny. All the Evos ever made = one month of US civic production. Evo are sold for image not for huge profits. MR or RS production numbers would both be so tiny the difference would not matter.
Old Jan 6, 2004, 01:03 PM

Well, sales of the EVO are slow right?

My guess is quite a few people will want the wing. Quite a few people will want a/c, and will want all of the creature comforts.

I'm sure there will be a big push to 'get the REAL Evo" not the, "stripped race version" by the salesmen.

I am still debating if I would like an Evo or not. The RS sounded good at first, but I think I would personally like a 2003-04 style "normal" Evo instead.

My only question, is the RS upgraded front differential offered as an upgraded package to the 2004 Evo? No way to find out until they are released I guess...

Last edited by christoscamaro; Jan 7, 2004 at 01:24 PM.
Old Jan 6, 2004, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

THe more options the better. the BMW 3 series goes from $25k - $50k, so why not expand the lancer series from $15k to $35k with plenty of options to make everyone happy.. The more choices offered results in more happy consumers and in turn better business for Mitsu.
Old Jan 6, 2004, 02:52 PM
choad

THe more options the better. the BMW 3 series goes from $25k - $50k, so why not expand the lancer series from $15k to $35k
Uh, I don't think that I would put the M3 in the same category as a regular three series..

People don't walk into the BMW showroom saying.."Hmmm, a fully loaded 330I Sport or an M3.."

I certainly don't think that the Lancer Ralliart customer is also shopping the EVO...this one I know for sure.

The EVO should be offered as an RS and an MR Model for 2004. IMO

This way, the people looking for an "entry level" performance sedan get what they want and those looking for the loaded performance sedan get the latter..
Old Jan 6, 2004, 03:29 PM

Hello,

I found this thread while searching for info on the RS, and have read every post. WOW! I am surprised how few understand what this car is about. The ones that do know who you are and I applaud you....the rest???

It is an enthusiast's car. Do you know what that means? Do you race? Do you do track days? Do you rally? Do you autocross? Do you like to drive on mountain roads just for the drive? Do you care less about creature comforts than having an optimized vehicle for driving? Then this car is for you!

The people that are whining, this car is NOT for you, or you would understand.

I don't know if Japanese cars will ever have the collectibility of of other cars but historically low build # lightweight/stripper/homologation cars have always brought in higher $$$ than regular issue models. Why? Because enthusiasts buy them.

End of rant. Sorry to those that know, the rest of you should read some books.

Victor
Old Jan 6, 2004, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
They way some of you are talking it is as if mitsi is only going to be making the RS and thats all you can buy.
It's never like this, the RS is the base model (like every other car made, there is a base model with no options), and then they have the GSR for people who want luxury items.
If you are going to be doing mostly city/hiway driving and maybe a little racing then the GSR is better for you.
If you are going to be racing mostly, want the utmost performance and do some city/hiway then the RS is better.
There is a reason why mitsi make more GSR's than RS's, mitsi isn't forcing you to drive an RS.

Quick Reply: Lancer Evolution RS Thread [MEGA MERGE]