Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Lancer Evolution RS Thread [MEGA MERGE]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2004, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lol Since they are only make 500 from what I heard they are gonna probably jack the price up everywhere, that was some of the dealers excuse when the evo8 first came out to jack up the prices. But some guys where getting msrp quotes. I can take out 100lbs out of my car easily to match the evo rs. Have you checked out 04 feb issue of sport compact car they have a nice article on it.
Old Jan 23, 2004, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Quickshift
Lol Since they are only make 500 from what I heard they are gonna probably jack the price up everywhere, that was some of the dealers excuse when the evo8 first came out to jack up the prices. But some guys where getting msrp quotes. I can take out 100lbs out of my car easily to match the evo rs. Have you checked out 04 feb issue of sport compact car they have a nice article on it.
I mainly like the rear strut, the front LSD and the cheaper price i dont think this should be a 30,000 dollar car
Old Jan 23, 2004, 12:21 PM

Location: West Texas, where the roads are straight and long, and the law is few and far between
you guys don't seem to understand the concept of "rape"....it ain't "rape" if it's consensual, and nobody can force anybody to buy a car....simple

if someone pays a price for anything, they must believe it's worth it....if you want to get hot over something, blame the guys paying the mark-ups!...."Mitsu" (really, the individual dealers) couldn't mark them up that way if people weren't willing to pay.....
Old Jan 23, 2004, 12:28 PM
Evolving Member

They guy that posted that also is in the post about the Dealers charging over MSRP. He also complained about a dealer in SA selling for less. He also went to say the EVO was going to be worth a lot in a few years. So I would take his comment with a grain of salt.
Old Jan 23, 2004, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

There are no RS's to sell yet.
Old Jan 23, 2004, 01:25 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally posted by Secret Chimp
There are no RS's to sell yet.
Correct.
Old Jan 23, 2004, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Raped for an RS?

Originally posted by zTargeTz

I cant belive that crap, 6,000 dollar mark up OVER MSRP? so the dealership pockets 8-9,000 ? thats just sick and wrong

I really hope this isnt going to be a trend for the RS like it was the Evo, no wonder mitsu's customers dont feel that their cars have "value" its because the dealerships rape the hell outta you when you go to buy it.

If they are gonna make some ridiculous markups for the RS then I'll just get a regular EVO 8 GSR
Old Jan 23, 2004, 03:23 PM
Evolving Member

I cant belive that crap, 6,000 dollar mark up OVER MSRP? so the dealership pockets 8-9,000 ? thats just sick and wrong

I really hope this isnt going to be a trend for the RS like it was the Evo, no wonder mitsu's customers dont feel that their cars have "value" its because the dealerships rape the hell outta you when you go to buy it.
Why get mad when you should laugh at the people who are willing to pay that much for a car thats worth $26,000.

You know better than to pay a ADM.
Old Jan 23, 2004, 03:49 PM
LDB
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Value. That point at which a willing seller will exchange his merchandise for an amount equal to that which a willing buyer will give up to obtain the merchandise.

One man's value is another man's lunacy. Just because it doesn't make sense to me or you doesn't mean it isn't a good value to someone. If you wouldn't (and I wouldn't either) buy it because it isn't a good value for you that's fine but don't poop on someone else because it's worth that to them.
Old Jan 23, 2004, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

****, for that much you could get the real deal jdm evo 8 rs from evolution imports. and also they are trying to make up for the HUGE amount debt that they are in$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Last edited by evo 8 ya; Jan 23, 2004 at 04:06 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2004, 04:16 PM
Evolved Member

dude, did you all not forget that they marked up the regular EVO's when they first came out too?

Its just a bluff, and will go away if you handle it the right way. Its also there to manipulate and play around with when people are trading in neagtive equity.
Old Jan 23, 2004, 04:20 PM
Evolving Member

Younger Mitsu in Hagerstown MD, will be selling them for 4K less than the evo. I asked yesterday during my service.
Old Jan 23, 2004, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

this too shall pass
Old Jan 23, 2004, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

I'd have to agree on this...I've been to a dozen Mitsu dealers in the last year and all have jacked up the price at the beginning of the model year and lack of demand will surely bring it back down eventually. (not to say that the RS won't sell, but eventually it'll fade)
Old Jan 23, 2004, 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

If no one pays for the markup, the dealers will learn.

Honestly, what did we all do to have to deal with this crap. First of all Mitsu does not police the dealerships sales department, so we have to deal with rediculous markups. (Ask Nissan sales people what happened to dealerships that tried to sell new 350Zs for more than sticker) Then after people manage to buy the car of their dreams, the warrenty will be voided if they look at the car the wrong way.

Annoying.....

Quick Reply: Lancer Evolution RS Thread [MEGA MERGE]