Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Lancer Evolution RS Thread [MEGA MERGE]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2004, 12:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A/C is standard. You CANNOT get an RS without. I guess Mitsu figures that it's easier to rip the A/C out for those who wish to race than to source parts and install for those who don't.
Old Jul 5, 2004, 10:30 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by g6civcx
The RS has A/C standard. There is no such thing as the Urban Jungle package.

There's also an error in the website spec listing: the RS doesn't come with power windows/locks.
It does not come with power windows locks, but that doesn't mean you can't add it.....
Old Jul 5, 2004, 10:35 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by spiderm
I was frankly a little disappointed with the weight number of the RS which is only about 150 lbs lighter than a regular EVO with sunroof and wing. And I also wished they had offered the rumored Urban Jungle Package. I can live without music, but how much weight can power windows and door locks add? Well, at least the power door locks...
Guy, don't forget the limited slip front diff! That makes it totally worth it to me! Just hook up your own power windows/doors, I'm doing it, you can too! I'm trying to start a new thread....
Old Jul 5, 2004, 10:38 PM

Frigg power windows and doors, i read some where there is no radio? i atleast need some tunes to drive to. Can anyone confirm this?
Old Jul 5, 2004, 10:40 PM

no radio, add your own, just the way I like it -- I don't want the extra weight.
Old Jul 5, 2004, 10:43 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Qui3tStorm
Frigg power windows and doors, i read some where there is no radio? i atleast need some tunes to drive to. Can anyone confirm this?
yeah no radio, but it's wired for everything. You can just put whatever you want in.
Old Jul 5, 2004, 10:44 PM

No speakers either then huh...Is there a slot in the dash for a cd player? Im sure the whole 10lbs a stereo adds wont kill much. Make that up with some carbon fiber
Old Jul 5, 2004, 10:50 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Qui3tStorm
No speakers either then huh...Is there a slot in the dash for a cd player? Im sure the whole 10lbs a stereo adds wont kill much. Make that up with some carbon fiber
yeah dude, it's got a plastic block off plate in the dash that just comes off and the wiring harness is plugged into the back of it.
B
Old Jul 7, 2004, 10:28 AM

sup all

so is the RS out yet? I heard its coming out late Jan. Also im so confused... on mitsu. website it says it has power windows and power locks and A/C. (standard) So do u guys think that mitsu. has decided to make a few last minutes changes by putting them on?
Old Jul 7, 2004, 10:41 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Jake
sup all

so is the RS out yet? I heard its coming out late Jan. Also im so confused... on mitsu. website it says it has power windows and power locks and A/C. (standard) So do u guys think that mitsu. has decided to make a few last minutes changes by putting them on?
Where does the webstie say that? I drive a RS with manual locks/windows....
Old Jul 7, 2004, 10:59 AM

oh well thats what it said on the website. How did u get ur RS? isn't it due out in jan?
Old Jul 7, 2004, 11:39 AM
Evolving Member

sup all

Yeah, that's what it says in the Features list but if you do a compare it says no. The website is inconsistent.

Since I just got my RS I can tell you for sure that mine does not have PWindows or PDoorLocks or PMirrors or ABS but it does have A/C. Also it has passenger grab handles.
Old Jul 7, 2004, 11:44 AM

sup all

The 04 cars, along with the RS, has been out since late May. The RS comes with nothing but the AC - no ABS, EBD, radio, power door locks, power windows, armrest, trunk lining, map lights, fog lights, wing, sunroof, rear wiper, HID, leather on brake lever, and vanity mirrors.
Old Jul 7, 2004, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by TurboMaestro
Guy, don't forget the limited slip front diff! That makes it totally worth it to me! Just hook up your own power windows/doors, I'm doing it, you can too! I'm trying to start a new thread....
Yeah, the helical front Diff. is the only reason I picked the RS over a regular EVO. I'm interested in adding at least the power door locks.
Old Jul 7, 2004, 11:50 AM
wtz
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are you sure it has no EBD?

Quick Reply: Lancer Evolution RS Thread [MEGA MERGE]