Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

thoughts on my mods/my car for spring/summer 2010

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2010, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
okay okay, i need to straighten this out here. First off, I appreciate your guys concerns, i too was worried about meth. I bought a good quality kit and did alot of research on it. I chose the aquamist hfs-6 b/c of reliability factor. Ive heard alot of fantastic things about it, I will have fail safes as well.

I dont wanna do 94 octane b/c if i travel somewhere i dont wanna worry about that aspect.
I like the idea of how i can run 91 but when you hit WOT and meth sprays it will throw my octane level high enough that i wont be knocking. Last summer i tried a 91 map and everytime i filled up, i would knock b/c octane level would flucuate. Maybe my tune was too aggressive, im not sure.

I do appreciate the feedback, hence why i posted, i just wanted to justify my side of things so u guys see some logic in my thinking lol
Old Feb 22, 2010, 01:20 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
there are always unforeseen circumstances that a failsafe can't prevent

trust me I went back and forth a million times about meth and ultimately the amount of failures on meth are not worth it
Old Feb 22, 2010, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by chaotichoax

trust me I went back and forth a million times about meth and ultimately the amount of failures on meth are not worth it
Couldn't you have the same unforeseen circumstances without a meth kit? Look at what happened with the FP Red oil feed issue. Though I would agree that adding Meth would just add onto the possible issues that can go wrong with a car.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They Sell E85 out there? E85 / tune / 28PSI / ARP headstuds / injectors / fuel pump will get ya there. I am dual mapped so i can switch between my 91 and E85 tune as needed

Last edited by JJsEvo8; Feb 22, 2010 at 02:41 PM.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chaotichoax

Ive heard crappy things about other kits but have heard great ones about the Aquamist kits. Your thoughts?

Originally Posted by JJsEvo8
They Sell E85 out there? E85 / tune / 28PSI / ARP headstuds / injectors / fuel pump will get ya there. I am dual mapped so i can switch between my 91 and E85 tune as needed
no E85 here that is another reason why i chose meth. The thing is, for you to drain your tank everytime you switch dont u?