Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Little help guys

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2010, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Little help guys

Hi sorry if im in the wrong section, well I just want to ask you guys your opinion on this, Im 20 years old and I want to buy my first evo, And I found this one, do you guys think it's worth buying it. I had alot cars before, Integra Gsr, Civics, All type of swaps B18C, H22, B20 Vtec, yah i know honda. But i want to get out the honda game. so this is what i found

http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/ctd/1609632668.html

Please you guys think it's worth it ? I know it needs a tune, and also a new front IX bumper but still ? ....
Old Feb 23, 2010, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

That looks like a horrible idea. It doesn't even mention what mods it has, or even show a picture of the engine bay. For all we know it's running an EJ25.

Have you SEEN the car, in person? 20k could either be an amazing deal, or a hilariously over priced one. The fact they say "oh it just needs a tune lolololz" raises a lot of red flags for me.

Edit: They do show pictures on their dealer site, my apologies. Still, I'd run the other way.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 11:18 AM

No i haven't seen the car yet I was planing to go there today, Do you think I should bring a mecanic and see what kind of problem there is. Yes it is very suspicious sense the car only has 10k miles.. man i just want an evo and i always love Red... Could you please tell me how much a tune would be?...
Old Feb 23, 2010, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was having a hard time determining what kind of car that was but thankfully it says "Evo-9" on the back...

Stay away from it...
Old Feb 23, 2010, 11:21 AM

I guess I'll just do that then. I dnt want to buy a car that will bring me more problems then I alredy have. Blehhhhh i just wanted a RR Evo =/. And here in Boston it's really hard to find them .. it's pissin me off alredy.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 11:32 AM

So it has an exhaust manifold, an intake, IC piping (no pics of LICP though), a Twin Power ignition system, and a bar for suspension, a no-name? exhaust, and is that a bov? It's so blurry. Looks like it's a bov.

That's not a "highly modified" evo in my opinion. That's just basic mods with the ignition system, but that doesn't say anything, especially if it needs a tune.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 11:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 1.8turboaudi
I guess I'll just do that then. I dnt want to buy a car that will bring me more problems then I alredy have. Blehhhhh i just wanted a RR Evo =/. And here in Boston it's really hard to find them .. it's pissin me off alredy.
Just because you found a RR evo doesnt mean it's the only one. It sounds like you were going to settle for this because of the color, which is fine, but wait for one you actually like. Not the first one that pops up.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 11:51 AM

it's not that it's just that for the low miles and the condition ( which it does look pretty clean) for 20g is a good deal but since it needs the tune and everything else I guess it's not worth it. If i was a mecanic I would go and look at it see what the problem is.....
Old Feb 23, 2010, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
take your time and please find something better, poor evo.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 12:06 PM

- Thanks for the help guys, I just found a 2006 IX with 28k Miles for 18g.... pretty much stock
Old Feb 23, 2010, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks like a WINNER!!
I have a feeling it is a cracked up MR too!

The pictures of the rear show the yellow bilsteins but the front do not as they are now some camber brackets on there.

I would have a Mitsu tech go and look at it with you if you are really considering it.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

poor poor evo
Old Feb 23, 2010, 07:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
try and find one all stock! look in the engine bay for signs for dings, stratches, dents, broken fins on the rad...signs that i use to be modded. i would not buy a modded evo thats just me. and dont just buy the first one you find i would seach and look at a few in person first then decide...good luck!
Old Feb 23, 2010, 09:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
lol @ the fenders. who knows? go drive it. it may be a beast. lol, though. a retarded 16 year old musta owned it.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 09:25 PM
Evolving Member

the fact it looks to have cam gears, means it probably has cams and with all that **** untuned its a bad story. Stay away from that thing. If it wasnt tuned who did the ignition system and all that just more bad news haha. Forgot to mention with all that front end work it looks like it probably was in an accident and that his way of covering it up. Check for a crash bar and internal damage

Last edited by Andrewkbmx; Feb 23, 2010 at 09:27 PM.