Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

jdm headlights

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2010, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol Thanks yahu. Your help is appreciated. same goes to all. Yeah i guess i will make a switch. I want to be able to control them.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 06:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Can someone tell me where I can order non-HID JDM headlights for an VIII? Thanks.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i could have swore that the 03-04 have fogs right and if im correct the light itself locks into place in the back of the headlight. SO how does it work to even create the wire blah blah blah if nothing is holding the light steady in the housing in general?? SPARKY!!!!!! just paint your non hid housing keep it simple hommie
Old Mar 2, 2010, 04:14 AM
Evolved Member

Rockster: My RS is a Latin American Market Evo. It's like a JDM model in most respects other than it has left hand drive. At any rate the headlamps are not the same as USDM headlamps. I think that the British market and Euro market Evos also have these same lamps though.

At any rate, I was messing around behind the driver's side headlight trying to remove the intercooler spray reservoir and I managed to short out the headlight wiring which melted the little grey, plastic cup that holds the low beam light bulb into the back of the headlight housing.

Those little ancillary bits that hold the bulbs into the back of the headlight housing don't show up on the Mitsu dealers' parts counter computers either in the U.S., or down here in Honduras where I live. Anyway, it is not a USDM headlight and the little bits from the USDM headlights are different, as I already checked at a U.S. dealership. I am beginning to think that I'll have to order a complete JDM headlamp assembly(That is, the complete assembly with bulbs, retaining rings, backup cups and dust boots for a non-HID JDM VIII) for the driver's side of my car.

So, i guess that my question is does anyone know where I can order a complete JDM, European market, or British market, driver's side non-HID headlamp assembly for a 2003-2004 VIII RS? In the meantime, I don't do much night driving. But, I do drink my fair measure of pints.

Last edited by sparky; Mar 2, 2010 at 04:33 AM.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

sparky why not try driveline or evasive to get you a set. so will usdm headlight FIT YOUR CAR????? thats the 10000 question. if the hole is cut big enough why not??
Old Mar 2, 2010, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks, Rock. The USDM and JDM hadlights are interchangeable as far as overall dimensions and fitment in the front fascia/fender openings. The JDM and USDM headlights differ as to bulbs and different connectors and connector harnesses, etc.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 08:31 PM

Ok... now back to me... lol... i was wondering... could i buy a set of factory evo hid's for my car. I was wondering because they are supposed to mount to the bottom of the jdm headlight..... With after market hids there would be a big gaping hole under my headlights, where the factory hids go, which i dont want (the gaping hole)... ??? please help....
Old Mar 3, 2010, 10:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Stevo IX
Ok... now back to me... lol... i was wondering... could i buy a set of factory evo hid's for my car. I was wondering because they are supposed to mount to the bottom of the jdm headlight..... With after market hids there would be a big gaping hole under my headlights, where the factory hids go, which i dont want (the gaping hole)... ??? please help....
for ppl running aftermarket hids and have mounted their ballasts somewhere else, just duct tape the hole.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 12:57 PM

Ok and what about the turn signals. I tried to connect those and they do not fit.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 04:37 PM

I forgot to mention that the jdm headlights that i bought did not come with the wiring harness'. I only have my non hid harness. The turn signals are completely different and they wont fit...
Old Mar 4, 2010, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

that sux. you need the jdm harness turn signal and cut and splice it to your non-hid harness.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

damn why couldnt you have just painted your lights and been done with it lol add aftermarket hid kit would of got the same effect for waaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper now your having issues
Old Mar 4, 2010, 04:57 PM

Damn...... is it possible to find that harness. does anyone sell those???
Old Mar 4, 2010, 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

yes it is lol talk to some people in japan or europe and buy a harness LOL email some dealerships there lol. maybe sparky can get you one
Old Mar 4, 2010, 05:47 PM

so pretty much... without the jdm harness, im screwed??

Quick Reply: jdm headlights