Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

ABS Light! Help!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2010, 10:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ABS Light! Help!

i pulled my car out of winter storage cause there is no snow... well i put it away on a really cold day and i washed it that day and when i pulled it out the ANTI-LOCK light was on... so i scanned it and it is code

71 Lateral G Sesnor fault....

Tried to clear it but it came back so it either has a short or it came unpluged or i need a new one... does anyone know where this sensor is? the scanner said it was up front but not exactly where? it is to determine the acceleration between the front and rear wheels
Old Feb 25, 2010, 10:27 AM
Evolving Member

I have a feeling this has to do with the sensors on the spindle's, and probably on either of the front ones. Take off your wheel, and look on the back of the spindle, near the bottom. You should see the wire and sensor. It is quite possible they were cut or damaged during driving, if the coniditions were not all at best. Or exposed, and water got on them.

Get this done soon, as this probably turned off your ABS, and come a day where you have to be quick with braking, and wheels lock, you're screwed.

Goodluck!
Old Feb 25, 2010, 10:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by streetracerkam
I have a feeling this has to do with the sensors on the spindle's, and probably on either of the front ones. Take off your wheel, and look on the back of the spindle, near the bottom. You should see the wire and sensor. It is quite possible they were cut or damaged during driving, if the coniditions were not all at best. Or exposed, and water got on them.

Get this done soon, as this probably turned off your ABS, and come a day where you have to be quick with braking, and wheels lock, you're screwed.

Goodluck!
As like last night.... i have no abs your right and i got into a death spin... i was so glad i didnt hurt the car... so on the back side of the brake there is a spindle? i will take a look... i am going to pull it into the shop and take the wheels off.... i took my wheels off prior to putting it away to clean the brake dust off the wheels and figures that is what happened i just got water in the sensor
Old Feb 25, 2010, 10:36 AM
Evolving Member

The "spindle" is also known as the knucle, which is whast holds your wheel on, lol.
On the back of the spindle/knucle (whatever you want to call it) on the bottom, right next to the control arm, there should be "speed sensors/ABS sensors".

This is what's causing it.
Had it happen to me My wire was cut in my left rear spindle.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 10:38 AM
Evolving Member

thank you
Old Feb 25, 2010, 10:38 AM
Evolving Member

It is put inside the knucle, so that it touches the little teeth on the axle that allow it to be read. Either the sensor is gone, or the teeth on your axle are stripped for the sensor.
Look on the are around where the axle goes into the spindle, you will see a black wire or whatever with a black plastic end. The other side ( unable to be seen) is silver with a ridge that touches the teeth on the axle and does the readings.

Goodluck.