Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Shop damaged my car, need advice.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2010, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this happens every day at a shop. they should replace it if they dont call the police and have them get involved. than contact the bbb. than call there insurance company if they have one.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 01:36 PM

It seems the skirt has popped back out to normal position and there's no noticeable damage (cracks, chipped paint, dents, ect.) then dont waste any more time with them. Just never go back and tell your friends/family to avoid that shop. They will pay through loss of customers.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

first off, who pays for something and does not get a reciept.... for god sakes, you get a reciept for a taco at taco bell. you have people replace tires on your car and they did not give you a reciept. thats BS in itself, but you need to watch your own back....
Old Mar 3, 2010, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 2003lancerevo8
first off, who pays for something and does not get a reciept.... for god sakes, you get a reciept for a taco at taco bell. you have people replace tires on your car and they did not give you a reciept. thats BS in itself, but you need to watch your own back....
agreed. you put the vasoline in your own a$$ on this one hommie sorry. first of all you need a reciept to prove they did work. Then once you saw the damage you should not have left the shop period till the cops were called. once you moved the car you took ownership of it period. Once you drove off anything could have happen. Hell they could say he hit a pot hole or it was like that coming in. you need to be a better informed customer when you buy goods or have services done. You have to take care of #1 and you negected to do that this time around. Next time im sure you will be more responsible and dont go to run of the mile shops with a evo dude seriously.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 02:18 PM
jos

speak the manager of the shop soon and have them pay for repairs
Old Mar 3, 2010, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Svendiesel
Well if all else fails, theres always eye for an eye.

Doing this will get you some time behind bars. Like pmoney559 said, if the side skirt seem to pop back close to normal position, just avoid that shop. You could also file a report to BBB about the shop and tell your friends and families of that shop to avoid for the future. GL
Old Mar 3, 2010, 02:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by churbo
Pic doesn't show the dealer...he has no receipt from the dealer, pic doesn't have a date and time on it.....You can try man but there isn't enough evidence to say they did the damage.
Most digital pictures have time stamps now even if it's from a cellphone so that could work for him.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd raise hell
Old Mar 3, 2010, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

How many lifts look exactly like that? It is a picture of the car on the lift. It can be used as evidence. Please tell me you paid with credit card so you can prove you paid them too...

Even then, you should not have left, and that might hurt you... So good luck!
Old Mar 3, 2010, 02:41 PM
Evolving Member

They have to use rubber extension pieces to be sure stuff like that doesnt happen. I would make them fix it.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 02:41 PM
Evolving Member

I like the eye for an eye idea haha. Seriously though don't do it....it's a joke.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

how are you going to raise hell exactly? No offense, he is on his own....

HE did not get a receipt for his tires?! IDIOT ( no offense, just saying), so what happens if you have an issue with the tire - guess what, could be screwed there?! The only way he is covered and could be covered is if he payed with a credit card where it shows the date, place, time and purchase amount. If he paid cash / TOOOOOOOOO BAD SO sad....

he left with it, they denied it like usual... there is no proof to state that it was straight before it was brought in to them.

What a messed up situation - the buyer for not demanding a receipt and the store for not providing one. buyer leaves without receipt?! wtf?!

Good luck man, I just don't seeing you winning this thing. I don't mean you are an idiot, just an idiot problem
Old Mar 3, 2010, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by camarokilla
this happens every day at a shop. they should replace it if they dont call the police and have them get involved. than contact the bbb. than call there insurance company if they have one.
why would you call the police? THIS IS NOT A CRIME. do not waste mine or any other persons tax dollars by calling the police for such a stupid matter
Old Mar 3, 2010, 03:07 PM
Evolving Member

He should have never left the lot. By driving off you are giving away any chance you had to get this fixed. And if you are going to take pics, make sure to take them at the dealer so that the surrounding area around your car is the dealership. That way if you have to go to court your pictures you have for evidence show the car parked at the dealer. You should have also taken pictures of the lifts to verify the color. I know it's a shoulda woulda coulda right now but hopefully if something like this ever comes up again you have this knowledge and do the right thing.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by EvolNinja
Doing this will get you some time behind bars. Like pmoney559 said, if the side skirt seem to pop back close to normal position, just avoid that shop. You could also file a report to BBB about the shop and tell your friends and families of that shop to avoid for the future. GL

Quick Reply: Shop damaged my car, need advice.