Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo Auto Finance or P Loan Help

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2010, 11:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Venividivichi00
it would be ideal to save a lil more than 2000. u can wait to buy the car but once ur saddled up with a really high priced loan its gonna be hard to get out of it. i believe the phrase is a lil pain now to avoid a lotta pain later.
For down payment? I can afford up to 5k downpayment, but I rather not. I was told to put a 10-20% down payment that's why I figured up to 2500.Banks and credit unions don't ask for down payments do they?
Old Mar 9, 2010, 01:24 PM
Evolving Member

on some used car loans some banks will only cover a certain percentage of the value of the car
Old Mar 9, 2010, 02:21 PM

http://www.bankrate.com/funnel/auto/...uto.aspx_07202

those are what the current interest rates are for used autos from banks in your area. you're looking at paying between $478-$543 a month on a $21000 loan for 48 months. these banks may not offer 60-72 month loans on an 06, but you can always call. I'm not sure what your credit score has to be to get the rates that are shown on there, but good luck. don't forget that you'll also have to pay the insurance on top of the hefty car payment.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 03:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sti killr
http://www.bankrate.com/funnel/auto/...uto.aspx_07202

those are what the current interest rates are for used autos from banks in your area. you're looking at paying between $478-$543 a month on a $21000 loan for 48 months. these banks may not offer 60-72 month loans on an 06, but you can always call. I'm not sure what your credit score has to be to get the rates that are shown on there, but good luck. don't forget that you'll also have to pay the insurance on top of the hefty car payment.
I actually only applied for 17k on 48 mo. since I have cash for the rest and that way I could keep my payments down. I checked out that site before, but I just need a credit union to apply at.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 06:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's recommended to put upward of 20% on a used car. When I was looking to get financing I called a ton of different places (credit unions, banks, etc.) and had rates all over the place and have well over 700 FICO. Finally I called State Farm and not only did they undersell most of the offers I got by a long shot (2nd best APR), but they were extremely flexible in how I handled the exchange of the title, which was something that a lot of banks are apparently inflexible on these days. The best part was that there was an office a mile from the PO where I could get everything notarized. See if your insurance company does loans!