Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

BAD News...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2010, 10:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that is no good
Old Mar 10, 2010, 11:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ODUB
with all of the real tragedies happening across the globe every second of every minute, of every hour, of every day, is this REALLY news to any of us? It's sad to see people on this thread complaining as though they have just lost a dear friend, family member, or even their jobs. There are so many people out there losing so much more, news like this, unless you are one of the many who will be laid off from Ralliart, isn't really news at all. Some people don't have the money to buy food for their families because of the economic downturn, and some of you are complaining that you won't be able to waste money buying some overpriced part with a Ralliart name on it. That's the sad part. I think the downturn hit others a little harder. You should be thanking whatever God you believe in that THIS is the worst news you've gotten all day.
This is not the most thought out response. You're not thinking within the scope of this announcement. No, it's not a dear friend dying, but it's long standing tuning heritage dying. I blame a lot on the fact that the knockoffs by other NOW big companies (who built themselves on knockoffs) have conducted themselves with reckless abandon.

If you are looking at your monitor while your Evo is in the driveway, people could say the same about you not being frugal. People can't afford to feed their families and you're driving around in a 34k car (with mods I'm sure). Get off your soap box
Old Mar 11, 2010, 08:33 AM
Evolving Member

Ralliart could have done much more and didn't. It really sucks to see it close shop, but I'm not surprised. They could have had a larger presence here a long time ago.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 09:03 AM

also heard evo 11 is going green too...sad
Old Mar 11, 2010, 12:20 PM

sad...
Old Mar 11, 2010, 12:54 PM

that sucks!
Old Mar 11, 2010, 03:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
its like a low blow...sucks no matter how you look at it
Old Mar 11, 2010, 04:18 PM

wow, that is really crappy. Seems like the economy is screwing everyone from every direction.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 04:21 PM
Evolving Member

I think it's a joke...I hope it's a joke...they put a lot of emphasis on April 1
Old Mar 11, 2010, 04:22 PM
Evolving Member

joke or not right now its pretty lame
Old Mar 11, 2010, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
http://www.autoweek.com/article/2010...NEWS/100319961

From the article:
Mitsubishi will continue using the “Ralliart” brand name despite the demise of the Japanese racing parts company this week.

I figured it was only a matter of time. They made an announcement years back that they would open a US Ralliart presence here, and had a website where you could sign up for email alerts as they progressed in the effort. It was about that time that Mitsubishi themselves ran into financial difficulties. Ralliart never issued a single email and nothing ever came from it.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

I read this the other day and it is real sad to see were we are headed.....
Old Mar 11, 2010, 05:35 PM

This is very dis-heartening.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by boostless
This is not the most thought out response. You're not thinking within the scope of this announcement. No, it's not a dear friend dying, but it's long standing tuning heritage dying. I blame a lot on the fact that the knockoffs by other NOW big companies (who built themselves on knockoffs) have conducted themselves with reckless abandon.

If you are looking at your monitor while your Evo is in the driveway, people could say the same about you not being frugal. People can't afford to feed their families and you're driving around in a 34k car (with mods I'm sure). Get off your soap box
it was 36k, and you really should look up the use of the "soap box" description. I didn't say anything about people being frugal. I said that Ralliart closing isn't that big of a deal in a world where so much more important things are actually going on. read my post again and try to comprehend it this time.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 07:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sad to hear. Hopefully they'll do a good job archiving the R&D knowledge and IP and make use of it or reopen the division when the economy improves.