Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Exterior vs more HP?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2010, 06:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best of both worlds is best, GL
Old Mar 20, 2010, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
have to agree with the above. I see lots of people wasting 300 on getting retune for what i would call a baby mod wait till you get some parts together to get a retune. I have to disagree with the person that told you to not get a tubular manifold. You will gain some nice power from one but again with your location its all about being stealth so you dont have cop trouble.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RockmanX
have to agree with the above. I see lots of people wasting 300 on getting retune for what i would call a baby mod wait till you get some parts together to get a retune. I have to disagree with the person that told you to not get a tubular manifold. You will gain some nice power from one but again with your location its all about being stealth so you dont have cop trouble.
Agree. With the cams I'm suggesting he will need a re-tune and will definitely be happy with the results. If he does that and maybe get some rims, or a JDM bumper ..something that he'll enjoy aesthetically as well... He'll be happy driving the car and looking at it while it's in the driveway.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 07:06 AM

Don't buy rotas.........you can get used real deal wheels for just as much, less, or a tiny bit more than Rotas.....

just sayin'
Old Mar 20, 2010, 07:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good choice on all parts, IMO.

But agreed there's no need for a re-tune.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

nothing wrong with rotas seriously do your homework. There are tons of people that use them for DD and autox and Tracking. Real volks or etc are still costing 1800 and up used so your not going to get a steal deal often for 950 without damage of some sort or a missing rims LOL. lets not start that fight
Old Mar 20, 2010, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by RockmanX
nothing wrong with rotas seriously do your homework. There are tons of people that use them for DD and autox and Tracking. Real volks or etc are still costing 1800 and up used so your not going to get a steal deal often for 950 without damage of some sort or a missing rims LOL. lets not start that fight
not trying to argue but i got forged bbs for muuccccchhhhh less than that
Old Mar 20, 2010, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

there will always be cheaper rims hommie his comment was directed at rota nothing more
Old Mar 20, 2010, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
meh I don't care about what some call "real" wheels, all I care about is if they look good and are brand new. Can't beat $850 for a new set of wheels IMO.
either way I'm going to get a retune when I do the 02 housing because my last tune was done in 40-50 degree temps and in about a month or so it's going to be 100+ degree out here.....not sure if it matters but it gives me peace of mind for only $200.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

i vote for a upgraded turbo or cams
Old Mar 20, 2010, 12:04 PM
Evolving Member

Well have you reached your power goals? Are you happy with the 300+ your making. If you have made your set HP goal I would move to some exterior work. I'm on the same boat you are. My car looks stock but I have the basic bolt on-s for power. Once I reach 315-320 I'm going to get rid of the stock Enkei's and go with some ROTA DPT or G-Force

How could you go wrong with that mentality? You're happy with the power your making and now your car looks a little more aggressive with a little more attention to style :P I say go for wheels if your happy with your power goals.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by phishy
Well have you reached your power goals? Are you happy with the 300+ your making. If you have made your set HP goal I would move to some exterior work. I'm on the same boat you are. My car looks stock but I have the basic bolt on-s for power. Once I reach 315-320 I'm going to get rid of the stock Enkei's and go with some ROTA DPT or G-Force

How could you go wrong with that mentality? You're happy with the power your making and now your car looks a little more aggressive with a little more attention to style :P I say go for wheels if your happy with your power goals.
those are my two choices in wheels as well i need to see how they both spin to make my choice when im ready for rims. LOL trying to get this motor together spend all the heavy dollars now to get it over with.