Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

well alot has changed with megan racing and there tbe

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2010 | 02:37 PM
BBS
Evolved Member

Search my name. I have two jdm brand catbacks for sale 250 each!
Old Mar 22, 2010 | 02:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Hikaru
I bought and installed my Megan TBE two years ago and haven't looked back since. Honestly, its everything you should look for in an exhaust, it just doesn't have a name brand. And why does it need to? The system is a full 3" with no taper, made of quality stainless steel, nice welds, preset O2 bungs, fits great, sounds great, angled muffler,.....everything we want from an exhaust. Why pay a lot more for a part you can't even see??? Spend the money you save on parts that matter, like tires! Truth be told, all an exhaust is, is some bent piping. I love my Megan. If you want a name brand muffler just weld it on. That's how I see it...
lol reminds me when i was young i couldn't afford Sean John so i ordered a logo and just sowed it on hehe baller!!

The cool thing i was the only guy with that limited edition sean john shirt.
Old Mar 22, 2010 | 02:46 PM

so did you get the meagan o2 housing... ? how is it working out..? that is my next buy.
Old Mar 22, 2010 | 05:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by IrightI
+1 I also have a megan 02 manifold for sale
ik lol i tried buying it from you lol
Old Mar 22, 2010 | 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

i wish they would redo their manifolds. them things are junk. they ALWAYS crack
Old Mar 22, 2010 | 11:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Hikaru
I bought and installed my Megan TBE two years ago and haven't looked back since. Honestly, its everything you should look for in an exhaust, it just doesn't have a name brand. And why does it need to? The system is a full 3" with no taper, made of quality stainless steel, nice welds, preset O2 bungs, fits great, sounds great, angled muffler,.....everything we want from an exhaust. Why pay a lot more for a part you can't even see??? Spend the money you save on parts that matter, like tires! Truth be told, all an exhaust is, is some bent piping. I love my Megan. If you want a name brand muffler just weld it on. That's how I see it...
+1 i love my black megan TBE
Old Mar 23, 2010 | 12:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by boozeup&riot
I posted in the newbie forum about this. I got the invidia n1 CBE from topspeed autosport, Cobb dp, and Cobb test pipe (so the a full tbe) all for under $600.00. Less expensive, and in my opinion nicer parts. Megan tbe was the other setup I was looking at due to the price. As stated previously, the best deals were right through the vendor forums here.
The vendors on these boards SUPERB! I've gotten such great deals on Invidia parts, wheels, gauges, etc... Def take a look at the vendors. Oh and +1 for building gains on budget. Your setup was what I was going with next.

Also take a look at the private sellers section. I got a couple great deals on parts and misc interior parts from class A people on these boards. My setup is:

Invidia O2, Mackin Industries DP (still up in the air but most likely getting it from RRE when I get my car tuned), Invidia TP, and Megan CBE. All 3" Check out TopSpeed vendor thread they have great parts and SUPER fast shipping I got my housing in less than 24 hours.
Old Mar 23, 2010 | 06:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 09Ralli
ik lol i tried buying it from you lol
You didn't try to buy it, you low balled me

It's all good I'll knock 10 off for you if you want
Old Mar 23, 2010 | 06:26 AM
Evolved Member

ive been running a megan racing cbe for over 3 years daily driven in the winter and i have yet to have an issue with it. sounds pretty good to me. but i like the throaty sound.
Old Mar 23, 2010 | 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by IrightI
You didn't try to buy it, you low balled me

It's all good I'll knock 10 off for you if you want
alright ill buy it
but im probably going to need to buy some new gaskets eh?
and do you know of any vendors on here that sell them?

Last edited by 09Ralli; Mar 23, 2010 at 11:58 AM.
Old Mar 23, 2010 | 01:07 PM
Evolving Member

alright ill buy it
but im probably going to need to buy some new gaskets eh?
and do you know of any vendors on here that sell them?
Sorry bro, it sold, I have payment in hand. But I saw some stock turbo gaskets in the for sale section the other day. I would replace it if you have it apart. might as well.
Old Mar 23, 2010 | 01:17 PM
Evolving Member

dang, well if someone reason he backs out let me know! i will send u a payment right away
Old Mar 23, 2010 | 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

I run the megan tbe with STM CEL fix...wouldnt change it for any other exhaust.
Old Mar 23, 2010 | 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

dang, well if someone reason he backs out let me know! i will send u a payment right away
I already have payment man. Sorry.

On topic though, I run the megan mech. CEL fix too. but I still got a CEL for some reason? lol
Old Mar 23, 2010 | 02:12 PM
Evolving Member

I've got a megan and the quality is ok. I spent a lot of time cleaning it up on the inside. I wish I took before and after pictures for reference. Fyi, I'm not selling it, but just giving you a heads up. MAKE SURE the wastegate merger port is big enough before you install it. I bought a new one off a local guy and he already enlarged the hole, but apparently not enough. I found out when I took the time to install it! So I have to take it off (and all the crap to get to it) enlarge the port and see how she works.

I asked someone on here who had the same problem as me for pics of the hole for a size reference, but he didn't have any. He told me he eventually made it golf ball size-ish.

It made my boost "chatter" like crazy in higher gears. Wastegate flapper was probably going nuts trying to control the boost.

I just put mine on last weekend, so I'm taking it off soon and enlarging the port even more. Talk about a total waste of time. Learn from my mistake and do it right the first time
found that on here...anybody else have this problem?