Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

well alot has changed with megan racing and there tbe

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2010 | 08:02 AM
Evolving Member

well alot has changed with megan racing and there tbe

ive been reading a few threads about the megan exhaust products, and i know they have changed their product, hopefully in a good way, i think i have decided on the megan tbe with megan o2 housing and ported stock manifold. now am i going to need a cel fix through them too? anybody else run this new generation exhaust from them? and i just checked on lancer shop, with cel fix 02 housing and tbe its 818 without shipping, is there anywhere else i shoud get it from?

Thanks,
Alex
Old Mar 20, 2010 | 08:14 AM
Evolving Member

You can just go to Autozone and buy a o2 sensor spacer for $3 which will clear the CEL.
Old Mar 20, 2010 | 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

or just flash in the fix.
Old Mar 20, 2010 | 08:30 AM
Former Sponsor

We also offer an o2 sensor fix for pretty cheap.
Old Mar 20, 2010 | 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

I would tell you to look at a different exhaust! Megan is known to be cheap. If you are wanting a lower priced exhaust, I would look to ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-05...Q5fAccessories

If you don't want to go that cheap, look at the venders right here on evom, they have Great Deals! All the time that you won't find on their sites!

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...n-invidia.html

I think you will find your best deal right here from a vander!

Last edited by dambikeracer; Mar 20, 2010 at 08:47 AM.
Old Mar 20, 2010 | 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dambikeracer
I would tell you to look at a different exhaust! Megan is known to be cheap. If you are wanting a lower priced exhaust, I would look to ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-05...Q5fAccessories

If you don't want to go that cheap, look at the venders right here on evom, they have Great Deals! All the time that you won't find on their sites!
seriously. I bought a used rhys millen downpipe, and catback portion of it from a member on here for $275. cleaned it up and looked just like new. posted some pics of my polishing job somewhere on here.
Old Mar 20, 2010 | 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

That's another thought and a great way to save money! Look for some used parts right here on evom!
Old Mar 20, 2010 | 09:02 AM
Evolving Member

okay i tried pming a few people on the for sale section....now ik they use to be cheap but some people are saying that they turned around and some people live by there exhaust, like ttp tuning i think is his username
Old Mar 20, 2010 | 09:35 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by 09Ralli
okay i tried pming a few people on the for sale section....now ik they use to be cheap but some people are saying that they turned around and some people live by there exhaust, like ttp tuning i think is his username
Megan Racing is high quality, ss304 polished stainless steel, 1yr warranty, robotic tig welds.

It is an excellent exhaust with perfect fit, finish and quality.

It is less expensive because it is made overseas where the cost of labor and materials is less money.

We have most Megan Racing products in stock here:
http://ttp-engineering.com/catalog/i...acturers_id=74
Old Mar 20, 2010 | 09:55 AM
Evolving Member

ttp, how does your downpipe and 02 housing compare to megans?
Old Mar 20, 2010 | 12:24 PM
Evolving Member

I went with the Megan CBE from TTP it is cheap and I'm on a budget so it should work fine for me. I had one before on my Civic and fitment was fine. I would also be interested in going that ebay route a few post up. I've read some threads that they do well on the dyno, I'm just not brave enough for a hit or miss.

Oh and the Megan CBE was cheapest through TTP for me. ($430)
Old Mar 20, 2010 | 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

I posted in the newbie forum about this. I got the invidia n1 CBE from topspeed autosport, Cobb dp, and Cobb test pipe (so the a full tbe) all for under $600.00. Less expensive, and in my opinion nicer parts. Megan tbe was the other setup I was looking at due to the price. As stated previously, the best deals were right through the vendor forums here.

Last edited by boozeup&riot; Mar 20, 2010 at 06:43 PM.
Old Mar 20, 2010 | 08:11 PM
Evolving Member

what exactly has changed with megan racing products? please explain. thanks
Old Mar 20, 2010 | 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

I bought and installed my Megan TBE two years ago and haven't looked back since. Honestly, its everything you should look for in an exhaust, it just doesn't have a name brand. And why does it need to? The system is a full 3" with no taper, made of quality stainless steel, nice welds, preset O2 bungs, fits great, sounds great, angled muffler,.....everything we want from an exhaust. Why pay a lot more for a part you can't even see??? Spend the money you save on parts that matter, like tires! Truth be told, all an exhaust is, is some bent piping. I love my Megan. If you want a name brand muffler just weld it on. That's how I see it...
Old Mar 22, 2010 | 02:22 PM
Evolving Member

I have a downpipe and resonated testpipe from megan. Fit's great, O2 bungs in good locations, looks great, sounds great!

Quick Reply: well alot has changed with megan racing and there tbe