Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Can someone tell me difference between mr and regular?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2010, 08:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Green Meanie
If you are buying a used Evo set aside 1500 for a new clutch and about 1500 for rebuilding the TCase and transmission.

I have yet to see someone buy one of these cars and not have replace something major quickly. Its not the car....its usually the owner or stealership.
you found him, ive had my car for almost a year and havent had any issues with anything. and yes you are right, its the owner that will determine what will go wrong with a car.

Last edited by nelale2; Mar 27, 2010 at 08:59 AM.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 01:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Green Meanie
If you are buying a used Evo set aside 1500 for a new clutch and about 1500 for rebuilding the TCase and transmission.

I have yet to see someone buy one of these cars and not have replace something major quickly. Its not the car....its usually the owner or stealership.
What he said. As soon as I left the dealer throwing it into 5th gear it would grind a bit, happened every time. 5 days later I took it to the dealer and had it covered under my extended warranty but it was a b!tch and a half to get it approved.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

kanyonkid, yeah 05' had 10.5 hotside. 06' has 10.5 hotside and bigger compressors too. so if you think 05 MR's dont have leather, you think it has same blue seat as evo8s? LOL
Old Mar 27, 2010, 08:14 PM

I'm not 100% positive but I believe the only leather seats you could get with an Evo came with the SSL package. Otherwise they were cloth/suede/vinyl. Though I could be wrong.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 08:47 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by hxc chris
I'm not 100% positive but I believe the only leather seats you could get with an Evo came with the SSL package. Otherwise they were cloth/suede/vinyl. Though I could be wrong.
You're not wrong.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 08:09 AM

here's pics of the 03

its on craigslist...its actually everywhere i look...cars.com etc

http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/ctd/1659061335.html
Old Mar 28, 2010, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by blkmkIII
why spend 15k on a car thats got 100,000 miles on it???
that o3 is worth like 11k.. 05 maybe 15???

buy a 9 with lower mileage.
be sure to check for maintenance on these car since... trans..center..rear fluid should be changed every 20,000 miles. may want to look into that... timing belt...clutch.. A LOT of things can go wrong with a car in that milage... age bracket.(03 is 8yrs old) japan paint sucks. mite aswell not even be there (this coming from an 06)

-bottom line.. whats the price tag on the both.. have a link
there's now a third one im considering. which is actually the most reasonable price here's the first one i was looking at http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national second and third i will have to go see for myself since they dont have pics but here are the links none the less http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national
Old Mar 28, 2010, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Search, read, closed.