Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Euro Spec rear fog light wiring

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2003, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Euro Spec rear fog light wiring

Let me know if this sounds like it will work? I have Euro spec rear tail lights off an E7. Now If I was to wire the rear fog light up to my fog light fuse for my front fog lights would they come on along with me front fog lights? Has anyone done this to get their rear fog light to actually function like a rear fog light. Instead of a pink reverse light....
Old Nov 6, 2003, 07:53 PM
Evolving Member

my reverse lights light up red on my evo7 tails. they don't look like they would but they do.
Old Nov 6, 2003, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

These are Euro Spec not Jap spec. Euro Spec's have 1 Reverse light and 1 Fog light Jap has 2 reverse lights. I want to actually use the rear fog lights as a rear fog light. Not a pink reverse light.... Does my idea of the front fog light fuse sound like a possibility.
Old Nov 6, 2003, 10:11 PM
Evolving Member

yes it does but it will be illegal if it is white light. It will also be a pain to wire them up but its very possible. BTW my evo 7 tails are from a guy in belgium and they have 2 reverse lights in the tails, i wasn't aware they were fog lights??? can you show me a picture of what you mean?
Old Nov 6, 2003, 10:32 PM
Evolved Member

No. This is how they are. The US Evo 8 tail lights have 2 reverse lights one on the left and one ond the right. These Euro spec E7 lights i have, have a red rear fog light on the left side in place of the reverse light and a white reverse light on the right. So when i put the car in reverse I only have 1 reverse light. I guess that is all you are required to have in Europe the fog light seems to be more important then having 2 reverse lights. I am trying to wire the rear fog light up to my fog light switch in my car for the front fog lights. I know I have to run a power wire from the fuse I assume to the back of the car wich should be fun.... But I think it would be kinda different to have a rear fog light on my Evo. I have seen many Porsches, BMWs, and Mercedes-Benz with these rear fog lights.

Look close at the inner reverse light how RED it is!!!!

Old Nov 6, 2003, 10:40 PM
Evolved Member

keep us posted, I wanna see the red fogs on the evo. I have the J-Spec Evo VIIs
Old Nov 6, 2003, 10:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
uh.. my question is what in the world is a reverse fog light fanna do other then blind drivers behind you... maybe thats why it's not wired to do as you'd like..?
Old Nov 6, 2003, 11:19 PM
Evolved Member

Ok first off the rear fog light is not white. It is just a really bright red light on he rear of the car that you can turn on or off in bad weather or fog so other drivers can see you better. It is not a rediculous white fog light like you are thinking. Also they do not blind people they are wired to work in other countries as part of their light inspection kinda like DOT approval. Now why would a country demand that you have a rear fog light that is going to blind other people? It is meant as a safety light not a driving hazard. The US Spec Lights are DOT approved and these lights are E13 approved..... Guess that's how they do things in Germany...... LOL
Old Nov 7, 2003, 05:30 AM
Evolved Member

my rear lights are both reverse lights?
Old Nov 7, 2003, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Trust me on this one! Mine are not both reverse lights!
Old Nov 7, 2003, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how man watts are they wired as? and what "type" (part number) of bulbs are in there...
Old Nov 7, 2003, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

I think I am just going to quit while I am ahead..... I'll let someone else figure out how to wire it then ask them how they did it. I don't feel like routing a wire through my whole car just to get a red light to light up.... It will probably just cause people to think I have a broken tail light anyway because it will look so odd..... I tried to see if our US lancer was wired for a fog light but just had a different plug on the light housing which is not the case the rear fog light wire that the euro spec cars are wired with is nowhere to be found on our cars..... I thought maybe that wire would be somehwere in the wiring along with our reverse, turn, and brake light wires but I was wrong.... The only way to do it is to run a wire from the front of the car to the rear and i don't feel like doing it if any of you can figure out an easyer way to do it let me know.

Thanks
Old Nov 9, 2003, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

HEHE..... I cam to the conclusion that the front fog light fuse can not be used to control the rear fog lamp.... With the rear fog lamp connected to the front fog light fuse the rear light just stays on all the time.....
Old Nov 9, 2003, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

Hey, I got an idea. Make ur own switch and pop it on when you need it. Ditch those factory wiring for that particular light.
Old Nov 9, 2003, 11:15 PM
Evolved Member

yah i could do that.... That is my next bet.... Someone told me to splice into the wire that tells the fog light icon to light up on the combination meter....