Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

TT dilemma

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2010, 04:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TT dilemma

Hey guys,

I recently purchased a GReddy TT for my 05' Evo VIII. I had it installed by a friend but the problem is, when the TT is finished cooling the turbo and the car shuts off, the automatic factory presets unlock all the doors in my car.

This is really annoying considering I bought the TT for the singular purpose of not having to wait for my car to cool off/prolong the life of the turbo. Has anyone else with an Evo VIII + TT have this same issue? I do not believe Evo IX's have this factory preset but I could be wrong.

I told my buddy about this but he was unsure of how to fix automatic presets from the factory so I figured I would see what you guys think.

P.S. just for grins, my mods are:

Injen Intake
Injen licp + uicp
Megan Racing TBE
TurboSmart BOV (came with the car when I purchased it)
GReddy TT

This car is my DD but I would certainly like more power while still having it reliable. What mod should I get next? I was thinking 272 cams? I also plan on getting a IX turbo. Then I am getting a tune hopefully sometime this summer for sure. Your thoughts?

Thanks again,
Randy
Old Apr 7, 2010, 04:15 AM
Evolved Member

Check ground or make sure you wired it properly.
Do you have an alarm system on your car? Lot of people had issue with Turbo Timer.
Wrong harness?

I have installed on a VIII, IX MR and IX RS ( doesn't have center lock anyway )... never had any issue.

Last edited by HxllxMan; Apr 7, 2010 at 04:23 AM.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 04:55 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by HxllxMan
Check ground or make sure you wired it properly.
Do you have an alarm system on your car? Lot of people had issue with Turbo Timer.
Wrong harness?

I have installed on a VIII, IX MR and IX RS ( doesn't have center lock anyway )... never had any issue.
There is an alarm system on the car but it's not in use. Maybe somehow the wiring is messing with it?

I should probably take the wiring associated with the alarm system that's not in use considering I use the factory alarm system. Maybe that would clear it up.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 05:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by marylandevo8
There is an alarm system on the car but it's not in use. Maybe somehow the wiring is messing with it?

I should probably take the wiring associated with the alarm system that's not in use considering I use the factory alarm system. Maybe that would clear it up.
Do it!
Old Apr 7, 2010, 05:11 AM

I have IX with viper alarm and HKS TT. I have the exact same issue lol. I'm pretty sure I wired it correctly when I was installing TT. I have no clue what's wrong...
Old Apr 7, 2010, 05:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Sounds like an issue with the aftermarket alarm system.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 06:16 PM

You don't need a turbo timer, I'd get rid of it. Sounds like an unnecessary complication. You're much better off just taking a cool down lap, or simply not beating up on the car when you are close to your final destination... so that when you pull in to park, you don't need to leave it idling for the next couple minutes on a timer.

In my case, I just watch the oil temp gauge, and don't turn it off while its really hot. Generally, no worries in just turning it off, but that's because of the above.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 09:10 PM

I've got the same problem with my apexi TT and aftermarket alarm...VERY annoying lol.
Old May 1, 2010, 05:08 PM
Evolving Member

Almost all alarms (I know for sure Vipers) have the ability to turn off ignition controlled locks so it won't do this. Post the type and model of your alarm and I'll try to help you turn it off.
Old May 2, 2010, 05:48 AM
Evolving Member

considering I use the factory alarm system.
?
Old May 2, 2010, 08:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ball7068
You don't need a turbo timer, I'd get rid of it. Sounds like an unnecessary complication. You're much better off just taking a cool down lap, or simply not beating up on the car when you are close to your final destination... so that when you pull in to park, you don't need to leave it idling for the next couple minutes on a timer.

In my case, I just watch the oil temp gauge, and don't turn it off while its really hot. Generally, no worries in just turning it off, but that's because of the above.
+1. My evo mechanic told me same thing. It is unnessary for daily drive.
Old May 3, 2010, 05:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Marcac
Almost all alarms (I know for sure Vipers) have the ability to turn off ignition controlled locks so it won't do this. Post the type and model of your alarm and I'll try to help you turn it off.
Unfortunately, it came with the car when I bought it from a used car lot and when I asked them what type of alarm it was, they had no idea. I figured out it is a Viper alarm but not sure which model.

What I plan to do is buy a new Viper Alarm system, get my mechanic to pull out the old $h**** wires and replace with new alarm system...Hopefully this corrects the TT issue.

Not sure yet which Viper alarm system to get...which do you guys recommend? Maybe a different brand?

Thanks,
Randy
Old May 3, 2010, 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Hey guys,

I recently purchased a GReddy TT for my 05' Evo VIII. I had it installed by a friend but the problem is, when the TT is finished cooling the turbo and the car shuts off, the automatic factory presets unlock all the doors in my car.

This is really annoying considering I bought the TT for the singular purpose of not having to wait for my car to cool off/prolong the life of the turbo. Has anyone else with an Evo VIII + TT have this same issue? I do not believe Evo IX's have this factory preset but I could be wrong.

I told my buddy about this but he was unsure of how to fix automatic presets from the factory so I figured I would see what you guys think.

P.S. just for grins, my mods are:

Injen Intake
Injen licp + uicp
Megan Racing TBE
TurboSmart BOV (came with the car when I purchased it)
GReddy TT

This car is my DD but I would certainly like more power while still having it reliable. What mod should I get next? I was thinking 272 cams? I also plan on getting a IX turbo. Then I am getting a tune hopefully sometime this summer for sure. Your thoughts?

Thanks again,
Randy

This should help you had to do this with my ex GF's RS

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ay-forums.html