Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

need help got ?s

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2010, 06:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need help got ?s

ok i got my car tuned and we went finished but i am going back but car it running great to drive , but if i get into it it is sometimes smooth as can be and others it is reall choppy and cuts up like a jr, dragster.
Fist i think it may be my plugs (could it be)?
also could it be that it is loading in the wrong tables it holds boost even trys to go way higher when it sputters from 23psi to 29 is my electronic boost controller going out?

please anyhelp would be great not sure wether to but a new boost controller or just plugs and go back for the fine tune
Old Apr 7, 2010, 06:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
don't be alarmed, but you've got Gremlins. that's the only logical explaination.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 06:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From what it sounds like it you need new spark plugs. My car used to do the same thing and it was the plugs!!
Old Apr 7, 2010, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Can you word that in complete sentences so it makes a little more sense? I think from reading that I understood half of what you were saying, if I'm reading it right, it kind of sounds like you need to swap out the plugs for some new ones.