Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Should I sell/trade the Evo for a 98-02 LS powered SS Camaro?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2010, 09:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FlatStateVIII
I own a 93' Z28 and just got into an 03 Evo. If I were in your shoes I would just pick up a cheap LS1 car and keep the Evo. You can get LS1 cars for close to 5k in decent condition now. I have fun driving my Camaro but all it does is burnouts in a straight line...kinda gets boring. If I were you and wanted to get rid of the Evo for RWD I would look into something like a 3 Series or E46 M3. Its not going to have the power of an LS1 but it is a way better car to pitch sideways. Down the road you could always do forced induction if you felt it was needed. Have you driven an FBody lately? One drive in it and you'll want to keep the Evo.

I used to have a 96 Z28/SS so the RWD part wouldn't be new. I don't want something in DECENT condition, I want a PERFECT SS with all the SLP options. Would you settle for a DECENT Evo?

As for a BMW.....I work for BMW, I wouldn't have one if you gave it to me
Old Apr 8, 2010, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 2000 z28 with forger internals, cam, stall converter, the works. My Evo is my DD and dont get me wrong I love this car but to all who say the ls1's are ugly, your so wrong. When both cars are washed and waxed I get so many compliments from strangers about my camaro. None for the Evo. IMHO older gearheads and also hot chicks dig the musclecars. Sometimes I'm in my evo I just feel like a lil punk kid with a loud exhaust. I know the potential of these cars but I feel more grown up in my f-body. Just get the camaro and have the best of both worlds like I do!!! O yeah, I got a 09 busa as well. Now thats were its at!!!!!
Old Apr 8, 2010, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by lghtngyello03
I used to have a 96 Z28/SS so the RWD part wouldn't be new. I don't want something in DECENT condition, I want a PERFECT SS with all the SLP options. Would you settle for a DECENT Evo?

As for a BMW.....I work for BMW, I wouldn't have one if you gave it to me
Well since you said yourself your not into taking corners I think you will have just as much fun in a mint SS, especially since you wont be daily driving it. I bought my Evo for a daily driver/weekend track day car, I wouldn't use it as a 1/4 mile car/fast straight line car. Just make sure you get a Borla catback with an electric cutout where the block of plates go .
Old Apr 8, 2010, 09:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Half&Half
I have a 2000 z28 with forger internals, cam, stall converter, the works. My Evo is my DD and dont get me wrong I love this car but to all who say the ls1's are ugly, your so wrong. When both cars are washed and waxed I get so many compliments from strangers about my camaro. None for the Evo. IMHO older gearheads and also hot chicks dig the musclecars. Sometimes I'm in my evo I just feel like a lil punk kid with a loud exhaust. I know the potential of these cars but I feel more grown up in my f-body. Just get the camaro and have the best of both worlds like I do!!! O yeah, I got a 09 busa as well. Now thats were its at!!!!!
Thank you man. Both cars are wicked, I like them both. I'm trying to work it out where I can get both, but it may or may not happen. I grew up in a Chevrolet/V8 home, going to classic/muscle car shows/cruise ins.

Well since you said yourself your not into taking corners I think you will have just as much fun in a mint SS, especially since you wont be daily driving it. I bought my Evo for a daily driver/weekend track day car, I wouldn't use it as a 1/4 mile car/fast straight line car. Just make sure you get a Borla catback with an electric cutout where the block of plates go .

Yea, I didn't buy my Evo for a DD, I have my 01 Z71 for that. There's really no where around here to use it for what it's meant to be used for (curves or any of the such.) Don't get me wrong, I still have fun when I drive the car.

I really don't have time with work , to go and get into auto-x'ing and really don't think I want to spend money on tires all the time, and more money on suspension, because we all know, you always wanna be better and faster, and that may take money for a good suspension setup.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 09:40 AM
Evolving Member

If i had the choice i would say keep the evo and just get a camaro. I think an Evo is better all around car and it is useful during winter vs a rwd camaro.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 09:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CMoney
If i had the choice i would say keep the evo and just get a camaro. I think an Evo is better all around car and it is useful during winter vs a rwd camaro.
I live in the South, we hardly ever get snow, lol. I have a 4WD Z71 if needed, and couldn't stand the thought of putting the Evo, or any nice car for that matter, in the salt during the winter months.

If I can keep the Evo and get a Camaro, I'd love to, but money is an important factor in this, lol.

Like I said, this is not for sure if I'm going to do this or not, I'm just trying to see what's out there.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 09:46 AM

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, not a domestic
Old Apr 8, 2010, 10:33 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by audi2evo
its what you want, if you have a thing for the camaro - go for it!

Imo, its a downgrade, but to each his own
+1
Old Apr 8, 2010, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by snailman83
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, not a domestic
Making a decision on a car just because of the country its built in is pretty ignorant in my opinion.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

If you dumb enough to ask that question here, you should do it and be done with evos forever!
Old Apr 8, 2010, 09:22 PM
Evolving Member

at the end of the day, its your decision what car you choose. I had a 2000 z28, cammed, geared, all the bolt ons, etc..... i loved that car and miss it. However, i like being able to go into a turn at 60-70 mph and never have to lift. I am very satisfied with my evo but if I ever move to a state that has minimal to no snowfall.....trans am, camaro, or corvette will be my only choices. At that point, the evo would be nothing more than a memory
Old Apr 8, 2010, 09:57 PM

i went from a 2000 LS1 f-body to the 2003 EVO i have now and would not go back. EVO looks much better(in my opinion) .. you may not have to worry about the trans breaking but you side step it to many times and that 10 bolt rear axle will break
Old Apr 8, 2010, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Brandon03Evo
i went from a 2000 LS1 f-body to the 2003 EVO i have now and would not go back. EVO looks much better(in my opinion) .. you may not have to worry about the trans breaking but you side step it to many times and that 10 bolt rear axle will break
Not unless you get some really sticky tires on the back and get the car to hook.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 11:56 PM
Evolving Member

Not unless you get some really sticky tires on the back and get the car to hook.

If by sticky tires, u mean cheap half bald all seasons that my 10 bolt blew up on. im sadly living proof that it doesnt take much to snap one. a built 12 bolt swap isnt too expensive though

those rear ends arent exactly the greatest. some people run 500hp on them and never break em, others tear them apart with stock ls1's. its hit or miss

Last edited by hazdaddy; Apr 8, 2010 at 11:59 PM.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 07:16 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by lghtngyello03
Yea, I didn't buy my Evo for a DD, I have my 01 Z71 for that. There's really no where around here to use it for what it's meant to be used for (curves or any of the such.) Don't get me wrong, I still have fun when I drive the car.

I really don't have time with work , to go and get into auto-x'ing and really don't think I want to spend money on tires all the time, and more money on suspension, because we all know, you always wanna be better and faster, and that may take money for a good suspension setup.
...sell the Evo.

Quick Reply: Should I sell/trade the Evo for a 98-02 LS powered SS Camaro?