Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Should I sell/trade the Evo for a 98-02 LS powered SS Camaro?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2010, 08:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hazdaddy
If by sticky tires, u mean cheap half bald all seasons that my 10 bolt blew up on. im sadly living proof that it doesnt take much to snap one. a built 12 bolt swap isnt too expensive though

those rear ends arent exactly the greatest. some people run 500hp on them and never break em, others tear them apart with stock ls1's. its hit or miss
I've heard of them breaking like that before, I guess its just luck of the draw.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 08:13 AM
Evolving Member

It's up to u man. I would say stick with the evo. Power wise, you can make the evo feels like a v8. I
have v8 power in my evo so power is not an issue.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

I loved both! I have had 460hp EVO, and a 550hp GTO. I loved both and dont regret buying either. I am just a Mitsu guy at heart, I have owned 4 of them. The benifit of a GTO over a Camaro is the space under the hood, you can work on everything without having midget hands.

You should swing by and take a look at it sometime.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 08:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FlatStateVIII
Making a decision on a car just because of the country its built in is pretty ignorant in my opinion.
Thats completely ignorant IMO as well dude.

Originally Posted by dambikeracer
If you dumb enough to ask that question here, you should do it and be done with evos forever!
You're one of those narrow minded people aren't you? And obviously, you didn't read the full OP because I said I wasn't sure if I wanted to or not, just trying to weigh my options dude, thanks have a good one.

Originally Posted by hazdaddy
at the end of the day, its your decision what car you choose. I had a 2000 z28, cammed, geared, all the bolt ons, etc..... i loved that car and miss it. However, i like being able to go into a turn at 60-70 mph and never have to lift. I am very satisfied with my evo but if I ever move to a state that has minimal to no snowfall.....trans am, camaro, or corvette will be my only choices. At that point, the evo would be nothing more than a memory
We have hardly any snowfall at all, and on the occasion that we ever do get any, I do have my Z71.

Originally Posted by Brandon03Evo
i went from a 2000 LS1 f-body to the 2003 EVO i have now and would not go back. EVO looks much better(in my opinion) .. you may not have to worry about the trans breaking but you side step it to many times and that 10 bolt rear axle will break

And I don't agree with the Rear Axle breaking as you say. You may have had bad luck, but personally, I beat the living crap out of my prior SS and never broke a rear end, or trans.

So in your other post, you may be right, may have been a fluke, or may just be a one time thing that happens to some, and you were the one it happened to.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 08:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sabastian458
I loved both! I have had 460hp EVO, and a 550hp GTO. I loved both and dont regret buying either. I am just a Mitsu guy at heart, I have owned 4 of them. The benifit of a GTO over a Camaro is the space under the hood, you can work on everything without having midget hands.

You should swing by and take a look at it sometime.
I'd love to get my hands on your GTO man, and I have noticed the Goat has more room under the hood vs the F-body's. Shame they cram the motor so far under the firewall on the F-body.

Originally Posted by gsr0801
It's up to u man. I would say stick with the evo. Power wise, you can make the evo feels like a v8. I
have v8 power in my evo so power is not an issue.

I know power wise you can make the evo feel like a V8, or better.

But, it will never have the sound of a wicked V8.