Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Just ordered eBay o2 housing and TBE

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2010, 02:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just ordered eBay o2 housing and TBE

Well after a lot of deliberation, I ordered an Ebay o2 housing and tbe today....It's going on my 06 MR...I was hesitant about this because of possibly lack of quality/poor fitment, but I figured, for the price, it was worth a try. I'll update after I get it in the mail and install it.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JFuego777
Well after a lot of deliberation, I ordered an Ebay o2 housing and tbe today....It's going on my 06 MR...I was hesitant about this because of possibly lack of quality/poor fitment, but I figured, for the price, it was worth a try. I'll update after I get it in the mail and install it.
It's hit or miss on the Ebay exhausts. Mine fit fine with the stock turbo and also with my ACD. Just put in a 35R kit, and the downpipe did fit so I ordered a Cobb. Best of luck to you, but I can't complain about mine. I like it.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 03:09 PM
Evolving Member

You can't beat the price. Post up some pics when you get it.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 04:48 PM

pay attention to the fit between the downpipe and the transfer case. I have seen issues of rubbing that lead to bad results for the TC.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
Be sure to port the merge hole in the o2 housing, or else you will boost creep.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 10:13 PM
Evolving Member

How extreme do I have to go with the porting? Got any pics I could go by?
Old Apr 8, 2010, 10:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
I don't have any pics. But I ported mine to about the size of a golf ball except oval shaped if you get what I mean, maybe a tad less and it was fine. I ported it twice as large then the original hole.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 01:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by badev0
Be sure to port the merge hole in the o2 housing, or else you will boost creep.
+1!!!!!

yeah and it is a HUGE PAIN to port it,... your pretty much porting a weld, which will take forever, i ran an ebay o2 on my 9 for a month befor i got fed up with all the boost creep i went with a MAP open dump which was great!
Old Apr 12, 2010, 08:30 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have been looking into getting an Ebay O2 housing lately and have noticed there is a wide range of prices $29($46 shipped) to $99($108 shipped) for the megan knockoffs. They all appear to to have been made in the same overseas factory. Anyone ever noted one being better quality than another? JFuego which one did you purchase?
Old Apr 12, 2010, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JFuego777
You were hesitant because you know ebay is knock off garbage. I never understand why people spend 30k on a car and put pos parts on it. Yeah I know some people have had good results with certain ebay parts, but if you're hesitant about it, you obviously know they're crap. Good luck with your garbage.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 08:38 PM
Evolving Member

For an Ebay exhuast they sound amazing to me. Real deep and throughty sounding.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 08:40 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just cause they look the same doesn't mean they are made in the same factory. Even the Megan's themselves had quality control issues for a while.

Either way If you're paying $100 or less I'd expect some modification required to get it to perform like a quality part.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 08:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by midwestmonster
You were hesitant because you know ebay is knock off garbage. I never understand why people spend 30k on a car and put pos parts on it. Yeah I know some people have had good results with certain ebay parts, but if you're hesitant about it, you obviously know they're crap. Good luck with your garbage.
Most people now aren't spending $30k for these cars, they are spending $15 - $20k for them which means usually means they don't have as much money to spend on mods. In a few years these cars will be equivalent to DSM's and the ebay market will have flushed out most vendors around, similar to how the DSM market is now.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 07:59 PM
Evolving Member

I ordered the $46 shipped version. As for midwestmonster's comment, I'm sorry I don't want to pay $1000 for some stainless steel pipe with some flanges welded onto it. Pipe is pipe. It's not like I ordered a turbo or something. Sounds to me like you probably overpayed for your AMS built stuff and are bitter about other people getting similar performance from cheaper ebay stuff. Bottom line is: do what you want, what you like, and what works for you. If what I do doesn't work for you, don't do it. I got the TBE in the mail today and I must say it looks great...welds are amazingly clean, pipe is bent well, flanges are nice and thick. I should be getting the o2 housing tomorrow, and I'll post pics up after I get it ported and the whole works installed, which should be thurs.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 08:12 PM
os2
Evolving Member

There are two kinds of ebay housings - with a small hole (bad, causes boost creep) and with a large hole (Megan knock off). I got the latter last year for 65 shipped and weld quality is impeccable, much better than what I have seen on Megans. Fit is great, I got it ceramic coated for another 30 bux and it has been great so far no creep.

Quick Reply: Just ordered eBay o2 housing and TBE