Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

To go even wider or not to go wider

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2010, 01:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To go even wider or not to go wider

im currently running a set of 35mm wider fenders with 18x10+25 275/35/18 tires..everything worked fine til i lowered it and when i turn..it hits the back of the fender..i shaved inside down to about a 1cm of lip left which helps but still rubbing..its starting to cut my brand new tires already so i need to think of a solution...i ran evodave kit before and had an idea to use evodave kit with these fenders which pushed them out to about 40 to 45mm..i havent tested if it still rubs but look like there was alot more clearance than before..im not sure if i sure stay with evodave kit on my already wide fenders or take it to bodyshop and have them shave back of my fenders even more which might look weird so let me know your opinion and heres some pictures

Old Apr 9, 2010, 02:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i don't get the point of this. oh wait, you own an EVO so it's obligatory that your wheels must never fit correctly. with that in mind, don't go wider, just get bigger wheels.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 02:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
everyone got different taste man but this is my custom widebody been working on for while and didn't know the wheels was going to fit this way til it came in..i seem bunch of other members having widebody and some had to go through extensive modifying to get everything fitting right and this is what i need to go through so hope you can respect that. i really dont think running 18x10 with 275 tires is outrages