Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Ahh! 1st and 2nd gear completely gone!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2010, 07:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahh! 1st and 2nd gear completely gone!

I had a thread on here not too long ago about how 3rd gear and ocasionally others were grinding. I immediately assumed it was my syncros, which other forum members confirmed my diagnosis.

However, today, literally on the drive to the mitsu dealer to get the front windshield changed, i completely lost 1st and 2nd gear. I can now put the car into gear without hitting the clutch on 1st or 2nd, although they don't engage and it doesn't stall.

Between my limited German, and the mechanics limited English, he said it was something between the shift linkage and the transmission internals. Any ideas? I assumed that the 1st-2nd fork had gone, but apparently not. I lost 2nd first, then a few KM later, 1st went. Ideas? Help? Any cost repair estimates?

The car is at the dealer now, I'll find out the damage around Wednesday.

Thanks for the help guys.

-Adam
Old Apr 12, 2010, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When this happened to me it was the shift linkage on the left side of the shifter sitting in the drivers seat.