Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Difference between Tubular and Cast Manifold

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2010, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Difference between Tubular and Cast Manifold

Well im am going to be running a FP red this summer and meth injection.. Im shooting for 450-500whp...

what would be the gains from a stock cast ported n jeted mani vs a shearfab tubular mani

would i see a 20whp + gain with the shearfab?
Old Apr 12, 2010, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is an interesting question, I'm willing to bet the answer would depend on your boost levels. But with the red 450-500whp, I'm guessing 29+PSI. And the more HP, the more flow you'll want. I was under the impression the tubular manifolds provided this. However, I've heard the thermal properties of the cast manifolds are better. Call this post a non-answer bump for someone more knowledgeable to notice.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dave_evolvix
This is an interesting question, I'm willing to bet the answer would depend on your boost levels. But with the red 450-500whp, I'm guessing 29+PSI. And the more HP, the more flow you'll want. I was under the impression the tubular manifolds provided this. However, I've heard the thermal properties of the cast manifolds are better. Call this post a non-answer bump for someone more knowledgeable to notice.
yea agree with PSI but this is what throw me off.. My buddies holds the record at buschur for a fp red or something like that.. he is making 580whp there.. he is still on stock ported mani with throws me for a loop... im sure there has been many car there with tubulars u know..
Old Apr 12, 2010, 12:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I asked Mike @ AWD the same thing and he told me that the ported stock manifold has a better powerband. You'd be sacrificing power somewhere with the tubular manifold.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
basically more power up top with tubular and sacrifice low end. i prefer the tubular.